Help for scars

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone tried Remescar for TKR scarring? Im 4 months down the line now and twice daily BioOil doesn't seem to be having much effect. Wondering if anyone has any other tips

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am almost 2 years in and scar is still pretty obvious but has gotten better over time. I heard it takes about three years to really fade so I decided to embrace the scar and just let it heal on its own. I did not find anything helpful. sorry. Good luck in your continued recovery.

• Posted

my scar faded on its own, did'nt do anything . Depends on person how well their scar fades, I personally dont think creams etc do anything . I only put some on it to start when skin was peeling just after it healed . I had glue not staples which helped too . Hope someone can advise you , maybe just vaseline I find that heals

• Posted

HI, I used Bio oil twice a day for about 2 mths to help with the tightness/itchiness from the healing process which seemed to help, & I'm a great believer in vaseline although i didnt use that this time. I'm 18mths P O & the scar has faded greatly. Awaiting my second knee now, so i can go through it all again ! Haha. Take care.

• Posted

I used Aveeno on both knees helped to soften the skin and scar and kept scar tissue at bay. Used bio oil on scar after Aveeno but personally a lot depends on your skin type somebpeople have good skin healing others not so good so patience is the word. Like all scars they do fade in time my first one was 12months ago and is fading nicely the second 3mobths ago and can definitely see it healing so patience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.