help for women with recurrent cystitis!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I'm one of those unfortunate ladies that suffer really badly with recurring water infections, bladder infections, cystitis. Whatever you want to call it. I get everything, the shivers, back pain, tummy pain and constant, urgent need to pee.

I know that it's linked to my ibs, and that when I'm constipated it can worsen it, yet I can be not constipated and still get them.

I started thinking that when I get water infections, they stress me out, and then I'm still stressed and worried that I might get another one, which, ironically gives me another one. When I'm calm and happy I don't get them, but when I'm uptight and stressed, they seem way more likely.

This got me thinking of the mind - body connection between mood and cystitis. I Googled it and a website came up that looked legit and that you make appointments with. But they had an information article on here (which you have to download) but it might just be the most interesting thing I've ever read. I couldn't believe the similarities. I come at this paticular topic with an open mind, and if you do, you might believe this article, others won't.

I'm not saying it's definitely true, but it's definitely worth reading, so take a look!

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link as it was to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

One of the main (if not the only) reason for recurrent cystitis is candida. It is not just women that suffer from cystitis - males and children do too. It is very easy to end up with a total body imbalance and immune system breakdown - high sugar and carbohydrate diets, heavy usage of antibiotics when there is actually no infection. Doctors tend to hand out antibiotics as a "just in case" reason before they get back the urine samples you have done from the laboratory. Cutting sugar out of the diet completely, cutting carbs, cutting gluten and thinking about a nutrient dense diet of proteins and good fats is vital in helping the body fend off cystitis. IBS is most certainly related to cystitis - our bodies work as one whole - not in compartments. Anything wrong with the digestive system as in IBS - will impact on the bladder and urogenital organs as well as all other organs.
    • Posted

Yes I think my IBS is the main reason behind them I think.

I'll try lowering my carbohydrate intake. I don't eat sugar anyway, does this include natural sugars in fruit? Because I eat a lot of fruit.

In that case, how do you get rid of the candida in your system?

• Posted

Yes, all fruit should go out. Candida will feed on any carbohydrates (that all turn to sugars) and all sugar in whatever form including fruit which is extremely sugary. We are told all this 5 pieces of fruit a day but in actual fact fruit is very high in fructose one of the worst sugars. Berries will have the least sugar.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.