Help...... frozen shoulder and unhappy dr advise

Posted , 16 users are following.

I have been having left shoulder issues since June 2017. I finally went to the doctor where I was sent for a ultrasound of my shoulder, where I found out I have a frozen shoulder. I too have thyroid issues. I am unable to lay on my left side at all, even with a pillow under my arm (no go). Best position to sleep is on my right side only or on my back. I have pain in my shoulder, back of arm, elbow, wrist, front of arm, collar bone and shoulder blade. Total of 8 months of pain, tried every med and have tried the hyrodialation into the shoulder also (didn't work). So I am off to the doctor tomorrow 1/4/2018 to see what I am going to have done. I am now unable to lift my arm from my side, cant dress myself, cant shower without help, cant dress myself properly, hard to drive, its just plain cruel. I am a regular now at the ER department here, but they are unable to do much more for me, and have said its the worst frozen shoulder they have ever seen.

So I went to Dr today (ortho), young guy, very rude, didn't want to listen to what I had to say. He tells me that I just need to suck it and and go to PT for 2 months and then come back and see him. Said no surgery, but PT should help, BUT can take up to 12+ months or more. WTF!!!!! Ah not happening. Said I asked what will happen after the 2 months of PT if it doesn't work and he couldn't really give me an answer. He is also sending me for a steroid shot into my shoulder again...oh joy!

Has anyone been in this same situation as me?? I am going back to my doctor to see if I can get another referral to another OP Surgeon. I am so over this pain and lack of arm.... sad

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have had shpuder pain since 2015 gotta worst lot lately hard for me sleep on my left side too doctor say i got detration bone
  • Posted

I am seeing my 3rd dr now. I understand your frustration. I’ve tried meds and a shot with no improvement. Dr said I’ve lost 80% of my range of motion in my left arm.  I’ve been unable to work since December. I’m worried about losing my job if it doesn’t get better soon. Going to start 3 weeks of pt on Monday. Dr says if that doesn’t help then he will probably do the manual manipulation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.