Help!!! Genital sores? Herpes? Anything else?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm so scared I don't know what this is. I am not sure if its genital herpes or another type of infection. i had unprotected sex on the 17th and the bumps slowly started appearing two days later. this is the result a week later and I'm going to the ob/gyn tomorrow. I don't know what that white stuff is in my labia minora but i cant wipe it away. my discharge is a light yellow and its a lot. sometimes its like eggwhites and watery. Before it burned when i peed but now its not as intense. They never appeared as blisters, they started off small and then slowly got bigger

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

what did they say?

• Posted

my gyno said shes not 100% sure what it is but it kinda looks like herpes. she did the full STD screening on me and i have to wait 3 weeks for my results.

• Posted

i haven't. I have to wait one more week but she said if i don't get a call during the two week wait then its nothing serious. She gave me a few antibacterial pills and a gel to put on just in case. the medicine kicking in almost immediately and by the next day the sores did not hurt when i used the bathroom or anything and they closed up almost immediately

• Posted

Yeah i got my results back. It was positive for herpes type 2. I wanted to cry in the office but my gyno calmed me down. But i just have to keep it pushing and remain optimistic. She gave me pills just incase i have another outbreak.

• Posted

honestly after giving it a thought or two, i don't feel as bad as i did the day i found out. I told the person that i am involved with that i have it and he is understanding and says that its okay. Though he might've been the one who gave it to me but he's not sure. Of course it is a scary thought but you learn to work around it and try to keep it pushing. you're still alive, you're still living your life and trying to make the best of it. you simply have an invisible virus and no one should judge you on that.

• Posted

thats true but i got tested and im so scare what was your feeling like ? image

do you think thats herpes ?

• Posted

of course i was scared and nervous when i was told that i was positive for it. and sometimes i am worried as to how future potential partners would react. Honestly it does look like herpes hun.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.