Help! Glycerol dehydration test...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello... I'm getting this test tomorrow and I'm a bit scared about it ... What should expect!? I'm a very anxious person and panic very easy... The audiologist said I might feel my ears full like when I'm in an airplane .. I'm really scared about it.. Any input anyone!?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The test basically causes dehydration. They take audiology tests before and after to see if there are any differences in the results. It is,by my understanding, useful for those people who have an atypical presentation of the disease. It causes the same kind of discomfort that anyone would have should they become dehydrated; headache, nausea, dizziness, etc. I have never had the test, nor do I know anyone who has It may be uncomfortable for you but if it will help to give you a definitive diagnosis, it may very well be worth the effort.The sooner you start on effective therapy the sooner you will start feeling better. Maybe your doc can give you someng to help you with the anxiety ring the test. It might be worth asking.Luck be with you.

• Posted

Rina78.

Hello good morning,I have had this done once before it does make you feel like you are on aeroplane your ear will feel full but please don't feel nervous or scared.

And if anything happens you will be in the right place.

GOOD luck let's us know how you get on.xxx

• Posted

Hi Rina,

lately I get second opinions for tests...is it really necessary?

• Posted

I've never had this particular test. I have been diagnosed with MD without it.

What did they say they would accomplish doing this test? Is it just to diagnose MD?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.