HELP GP/Gastro/Nutrition HELP!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello! I am asking for a friend- the following symptoms describe what person A endures daily: They typically have a flexi-pescatarian diet (meat only 1x a week at most (no chicken/pork), mostly vegan/veggie oven based alternatives eaten; soy mince, mushroom nuggets, veggie burgers etc. Sufficient water and balanced diet consumed- occasional milk chocolate treats.

• visible bloating and cramps, audible rumblings (1)
  • Need for loo minutes after food is eaten (2)
  • Number 2/ poo up to 5-10 x a day (3)
  • Stool is described as mostly sticky and watery, no actual form (4)

We have looked into IBS, IBD, BAD, BAM and GERD- all FODMAP remedies don't work, Chrn's Disease is the only likely cause? Is there more to this?

Please help with any recommendations and suggestions!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had a terrible time with my stomach for 2 years ,gas , rumbling etc,

I think my solution is simple - Gluten avoidance. Seems to be working .

• Posted

Having such a flexible diet really isn't a good thing for the stomach. Meat is incredibly hard to digest and dairy can have huge impact on many peoples digestive systems. If your friend consumed meat and dairy regularly their system would be more used to it but as it is something they don't consume often their system will struggle to digest it and can create a lot of the symptoms you are saying. It can take quite a few days for the stomach to return to normal after consumption therefore these things don't have to be eaten daily to produce symptoms.

I would suggest your friend finds an actual diet that best suits him not a flexi diet and try sticking to that for 30 days and see how he feels.

I would also advise limiting the amount soy consumed as this can be very hard to digest and cause digestive problems - gas bloating, pain etc.

When I completely removed dairy from my diet I noticed a huge difference.

Finally and most importantly... You say your friends stool is sticky, if it is like tar, get him to go to the drs asap!

Hope this helps

Rach

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.