HELP GUYS 😭😭😭😭😭

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hope everyone is well ? Well as well as you can be ! I'm just looking for a little support I have my full hysterectomy tomorrow morning and I'm so anxious I keep crying and getting panicky 😱 I've had 3 c secs lol so I don't no why I just can't calm myself down it's doing my head in !

Any help would be appreciated

Sadie xxx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I can't say I know what you're going through personally but I have had friends and family who have had the surgery. They were fine afterwards. Their issues had subsided. I wish you all the best. My prayers and thoughts are with you!

• Posted

Hi Sadie, I hope you're doing ok, any operation is a very scary prospect and it's easy to worry about it. Just remind yourself that you've been through c- sections and you'd alot harder job after those in that you'd a baby to look after afterwards.

I've no personal experience of a hysterectomy but a friend of mine had one and she was honestly fine after it. I remember she said the one thing that annoyed her more than anything was that she couldn't drive for 6 weeks so she stocked up on books and craft things to keep her occupied!

I sincerely hope everything goes well for you. Come back and let us know how you got on.

• Posted

Sadie,it'll be ok.I had mine back in 2011 a full hysto.One of the best

help I got was from a specific place which if I name in full details

it will get flagged.Think of these two names I am putting backwards

so just change them around and hopefully you will get this.Sisters

hysters.I found a list of what to pack on my stay at hospital.And one

thing I am sooo glad I took was something for gas.You will need to

walk around as soon as you can to get your bowels moving.

And let the anesthesiologist know you have fibromyalgia.

It makes a difference for everyone in your health care team to know.

I requested to have them toasty warm blankets layed on me right

after my surgery since it is important to have body temp stay regulated.

I didn't want to add to my pain levels with uncontrollable shivers.

If you have any drug sensitivity let them know.I can't take powerful

pain meds so was given a very high dose of Ibuprofin.It has a specific

name that I can't recall but it worked.

Have plenty of pillows,blankets,reading material,water bottles,heating

pad and help from family.Let them care for you for the whole recovery

time.Don't over do at all.This is a time to let your body recover.

Here is one of my favorite scriptures I hope it helps to comfort you smile

Isaiah 41:10. Many hugs Sadie...Tory

• Posted

Ah Sadie, I hope and I'm sure all will go well. I've not been through it nor do I know anyone who has had one. But any operation is scary, I remember going in for the injections in my back as a day procedure and I was scared, but staff were fab, I mean mine was not an operation and I was in tears because my legs went numb from the procedure and I couldn't walk, I thought what had they done to my legs but they were very reassuring at the hospital. Take books with you, and let the family fuss around you. Take it easy x

• Posted

Hi Sadie, Yes sweetie sometimes a Hysterectomy is the only solution. You will be fine! The friends who have had theirs have told me they have never felt so well since. My mother had to have one when I was a teen and I am in my 60's. So imagine how long ago that was. She was really well afterwards and did not have all those annoying issues anymore. So now with all the knowledge they have acquired since, you are definitely in good hands. This is a pretty routine op now a days. So stop worrying. You are building mountains in your mind when they are really only mole hills. It is normal however, to be a bit nervous before an operation. But everything will go well Sadie! Take some camomile tea or something to relax you. You will wake up a new woman! Maggie xx

• Posted

Hey 👋

Well had it done yesterday was fine when I came round to find out that they hit my bladder and now I will have a pee bag fitted for two weeks ! Not happy about that plus I haven't kept any fluids down since Op so not a happy bunny 🐰

• Posted

Oh dear! Not fun sweetie. 😕 But you will get through it and it will all be over soon. Chin up girl. The worst is over now. 🏆 Ain't it fun being a woman!! We are all cheering for a quick recovery. Sending kind thoughts your way! Maggie 🌹

• Posted

Sadie I'm sorry you have to go through all this. Hope you recover quickly. Now is a time for you to relax and let others take care of you. Since you have to stay in bed for a while make sure that you set up some physical therapy for afterwards, so your muscles don't stiffen up more than usual. Keep us posted on your recovery. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.