Help have i ruined my repair

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi im 7 weeks post op, got the all clear on thursday to go back to normal activities with caution of course and no heavy lifting, last night i lifted a box of meat not overly heavy but not light only put it on the bench so only held it quickly but all last night and today ive been aching and i hadnt had that feeling for a few weeks so im so worried ive undone my surgery i had been feeling good until last night 😭

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I know that feeling! Don’t worry you haven’t ruined anything it’s probably your muscles protesting because you haven’t used them for awhile. Seven weeks is very early so be careful. At three months after anterior repair and 11 months after posterior repair I felt really good last Saturday and vacuumed and cleaned all morning and put my back out. The pain radiated al through my pelvis and I also was panicking that I had damaged my repairs. A week of pain meds and being more careful has seen it improve considerably and am sure I’ll be fine in a couple of days. Panicking and fearing that everything has or will failed seems to be a side effect of this surgery. I’m sure you will feel better soon. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    • Posted

Thank you, im just worried because all pain had gone and i felt great, now ive lifted one silly box and all the aching is back 😟 thank you for your reply 🙂

• Posted

Agree. Take it extra easy for a few days ... I got cocky and lifted a few things including my toddler a couple times ... had a cystitus feeling and pressure and aches for about two days after but took ibrufofen and legs up in bed and it's ok...

I'm constantly worried I'm undoing the repairs and will tear it. I'm nearly 6 weeks post op anterior and posterior

• Posted

Your body is not going to get back to itself until the 6 mos. take it. Take it very easy
  • Posted

Your body is not going to get back to itself until the 6 mos. take it. Take it very easy
  • Posted

Hi kass, I know what you're feeling, I had vaginal hysterectomy and uterine prolapse repair on 20 march this year and I'm still having a burning sensation not unlike a period pain if I over do things in fact I'm terrified of undoing the good work that the amazing surgeon did. Unfortunately I was discharged from hospital after 24 hours with very little information of what to expect at what ever stage. I've had to research myself for self care. I did employ a physio after 8 weeks to advise re best way to recover eg lifting and pelvic floor exercise. I'm just about at a stage when I feel I have more energy and I am moving a lot quicker. I found walking helped me a lot. Still very cautious when lifting shopping bags etc and still won't move heavy objects like furniture etc, think that's going to be a life long habbit now cus I don't ever want to go back to how I was pre surgery.

I hope you're ok but my advice would be always be very cautious from now on. Best wishes x

• Posted

I was discharged within 24 hours. Those type of surgeries heals different and slow. It’s heals from the outside in, not the inside out. I had rectocele 6 mos ago and I still have deep tissue pain because the deep tissue is healing. Most sensations and pains down the line is a sign of healing. If you still feel uncomfortable check back with your doctor 
    • Posted

Hi Latisha, thanks for your info, I didn't even get a follow up appointment like you would expect but have a really fantastic GP who informed me he was gynecology trained .. so lucky for me he's been a god send else I don't know what I would have done. Interesting info though and I'm very grateful because if you know what is happening to your body I think you are able to cope better physically and mentally. Hopefully for me I'm on track X

However don't you find that just because you appear well people expect you to 'carry in as normal' it's so frustrating at times lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.