Help! Having Constant abdominal/Back pain/ loss of appetite

Posted , 2 users are following.

Where do I start. About 11 weeks ago I began having upper abdominal pain with mid to upper back pain. My stomach was seemed off. My doctor recommended Prilosec, and Sulcrafate just in case I had an ulcer. She also ordered blood work which came back ok except for slightly elevated white blood cell count. This did not help whatsoever. I had an ultrasound of my abdominal area which showed nothing. I was then referred to a GI doctor who noticed when he palpated my upper abdominal area, I had pain. He sent off for a HIDA scan which showed I had bilinary  dyskinesia with a 17% efraction rate. We are at week 2 by this point. He suggested we go ahead and yank the gallbladder out which in a week we did. By this point I had noticed a significant appetite change and didn't feel like eating. I would never say this pain was triggered by eating fatty foods, just there all the time in a dull achey fashion. I had a cat scan around a week after surgery as I was still in strong pain. It was clear. This pain has continued on for several more weeks. I still have the constant pain that will not go away. One night the pain was so strong I headed to the ER which did more blood work and an additional CT scan, still clear, other than slightly elevated white blood cell count. My doctor suggested I should try Mayo Clinic which I did which performed more blood work( white blood cells not elevated) a upper endoscopy, a colonoscopy, and a ct enterography with oral and Iv contrast. They didn't find anything, Ive also noticed how suddenly I can't sleep anymore. I always have been a great sleeper but lately I have been having to take Tylenol pm, which still doesn't help a ton. I also notice food seems to run through me( not always diarrhea, just not digesting food very much and it running through me quick. I've lost 20 pounds and am at a slight loss. All tests from Mayo came back clear. I still have all the same pains this started with. My pain is mostly upper, middle back pain and epidermic area pain. This is starting to get scary and I don't know where to turn. Please help. Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Most likely it's an ulcer. It takes a complete examination of the stomach.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.