Help help help !!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I am 31 days into 150 mmg XR on ven. Prior to that I was on 19 days on 75 mg and 5 days of 37.5 mg.

I am also on 45mg of mirtazapine.

I have felt some improvement but it is not sustained. I fall into tearfulness and anxiety with extreme fatigue and a kind of headache.

See psych tomorrow. Right now I want off all meds but that is not possible. I had so much hope for murt and ven combo but am losing hope. Am I expecting too much to soon ? Do I need to reduce the mirt as am so tired and my sleep is poor.

Could it just be too soon or is this a failed experiment......again......citalopram was a massive fail. Now I could look at years of tapering and all with a young son.

Desperate. Do I give it more time ?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah. Sorry to hear you are not feeling better.

How frequent are your 'lows'?

It could just be that the combo is a bit too much for you. Let's see what the doctor advises today. You will not need years to taper if you need to get off ven. You were only on it for a while.

Please let us know what the doctor says.

• Posted

I feel even worse today. I was getting a 3 to 3 bad days a fortnight but this has been bad since last thurs.

The psychiatrist wants me to reduce the mirt from 45 to 30. I will go to 37.5 first.

I have not felt this bad since the citalopram.

• Posted

Can you please remind me if you have had thyroid checks in the last 6 months? Also how was your blood count other than that? Any anaemia or anything else?
    • Posted

Hi,

I am very similar to you I am on day 37 on 150mg and my tablets have only just started to kick in 2 days ago.

Prior to that I had the biggest drop in mood and the highest amount of anxiety I had felt in a long time. I thought, I'm gonna have to withdraw and that Going to take time and find a new tablets but Now it's not so bad. I'm going to increase again to 225mg next week unless I get even better in the mean time. My advice I stick with them for at least 6 weeks to see the full effects.

Thanks

• Posted

Ok. The most likely scenario is that the combo of ven and mirt, which is what your doctor seems to think as well. You have some drug sensitivity (and bad experience to cit) so i would definitely be excited about lowering mirt.

However if your headache persists for more than another 2 weeks or worsens, please remember to mention it to the doctor. Have the headaches started after going to 150?

Check your blood pressure when well and also when you have a headache.

The only issue with lowering mirt is your already poor sleep. Ven is notorious for pre-adjustment sleep disturbances. Take ven as early as possible in the day, with food.

• Posted

Thanks James

Today is day 32. I feel worse than ever. Anxiety has calmed from this morning but now I have a severe headache. Like you I have thought I will need to come off. If it does not improve soon.

So you had a major dip before improving ?

• Posted

I have checked my bp and it is good. My pulse is too high though.

I got headaches on cit. Am worried about withdrawals from the mirt as headaches and dizziness are withdrawal symptoms and both are bad atm.

I had some milder headaches since going on ven but really bad today. Got migranes on the reduction from cit.

Really at the end of my rope now. I thought this may be the answer but now I'm not so sure.

• Posted

Yes I had a major decline before I got better, I know this is not what you want to hear but everyone is different in relation to the tabs. I'm not on mirt but was on citalopram before trying Venlafaxine as it stopped working for me. I'm still not 100% but the one thing I've noticed is that I have to work with the tablets. I have to go through my old insecurities and face my fears for my brain to rewire to see the rational side. I've gone back to work this week after 3 months off and I've had some major downs but then the tablets have kicked in and started to work through each scenario. This is just my observation of what going on for me. Yes I did get headaches and migraines at the beginning of taking the tablets but not in the past 3 weeks.

• Posted

I do not like these reactions as I already suffer from migraines..... I just came off Wellbutrin bc it made me sleep all the time regardless if I took it morning or night and at night it made my HA worse... I've been thru many SSRI's with plateau effects which is why I'm on effexor... An SNRI but I'm needing an adjunct to put a pep in my step and decrease the sleeping all day and not wanting to do anything... Also the damn cry button that's broken needs to be FIXED bc I'm sick and tired of crying at the drop of a hat!!! Were you taking the mirt at night since it was making you sleepy or can you??? My appt is Friday and I'm just sick of feeling like I have no options... Thanks y'all! Praying...

• Posted

It does make me sleepy but I don t sleep well at all. I'm on 45mg of mirt which I think is too high so am about to start slowely tapering.

• Posted

I understand it is really rough when you can't see the light at the end. All this playing with medicine is largely an experiment as everyone responds differently. The only thing to keep in mind is that eventually the doctors will find an approach that works. Your feedback to them and cooperation is so very important. Please don't lose hope.

Ven can also give headaches as it begins to reach peak concentrations - so in your case that would be round about now...Your doctor will be able to evaluate when you hit the 6-8 week mark, but not sooner I think. Lowering mirt now is an attempt to reduce the load and allow ven more room to act. It is a good attempt, certainly worth a try. Ideally, if ven works for you, you may not need anything else. Your bad experience, sense of urgency and fears do not help you. You must consider your daily situations as also having some bearing on your progress. Life waits for noone, but it is important to not lose hope. Do not give too much importance to highs and lows at this point. Medication is working to strike a balance and that is never easy on us. If something is off, it will become apparent and your doctor will reconsider approach. Whatever it takes! Hang in there.

• Posted

Hi James

How are you doing now ?

I'm on day 38 on 150mg. Days 34 and 35 were great but tearful and anxious again.

Have you just continued to improve or continued to have blips ?

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

Sorry to hear ur not feeling to good, I hope they start to work for you soon. Have u noticed any changes since starting?

I've had a bit in a nightmare recently, I went for a repeat percription from my docs and my pharmacy gave me a different brand of tablets, they were generic Bristol lab Venlafaxine 75mg instant release tablets to me taken twice a day so 150 in total, I took them for a week and I got worse and worse off them and was withdrawing by the weekend. so I spoke to my pharmacy and they have put me back on Viepax which is what I started out on and within a few hours of taking It I started to feel better. I've been on them since Saturday and don't feel to bad today. I'm not 100% but better than those other tablets. The doc tried telling there is no difference but I know there is and it's something to do with the binding products they use and what my body have got used too. Also Viepax are a brand like Coca Cola and these Bristol ones are like asda smart price cola. So be careful of what u take.

The problem I have is that a few hours before I'm due to take a tablet my symptoms start to come back, so I'm going to switch to a 24 hour tablets to have some consistency. Also I still feel like my mind is drifting to much into worry and I have a cloud over my head and my stomach won't relax its very tense almost like I can't take a full breath. So I'm going to up my dosage to 225mg per day at the end of the week if the 150mg doesn't do the trick soon. I'm anxious of increasing again due to the side effects I went through a whole back and me and my partner are expecting our first child which was due last Friday and I want to be OK for the birth not all messed up for it. Stressssss!! Lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.