Help! Help!Help!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm so frigging beyond tired of how I am feeling!!! My medication pooped out in July but did not realise it was the medication that was making me so bloody anxious and panic attacks! I drank a bottle of vodka yesterday and took 2 sleeping pills but my sister in law rang an ambulance and I spent all afternoon in hospital. I am so tired I haven't been myself for nearly 3 months...I haven't had a citalopram for 3 days till now because I was feeling jittery about 3 hours after I take them I get panicky and anxious. I am going round in circles with the doctors. I am only on 10mg for 7 years would upping the dose help me!!! I did up the dose to 20mg a few months ago but didn't do anything. ....I really want to see that light at the end of the tunnel! 😢

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pamela, I feel your pain. I have been anxious and depressed for a long while now. There are many of us on here like you. Don't give up. Please don't drink in excess as alcohol is a depressant. Talk to your doctor again. Tell them you need help. Switching meds may help. You have to find the right med for you. Me and my psychiatrist are in the process right now of trying to find out what will work for me. 

• Posted

Relax Pamela and don’t worry at all! I have been through 4 medications till I found the one that worked with me! There so many out there you just need to inform your doctor to switch! I’ve tried 4 others that used to give me terrible anxiety till I found the one

Everything has a solution! Anxiety is the easiest to treat! Relax relax!!

Much love ❤️

• Posted

Hi Pamela I am sorry you are feeling so bad.l think you have to get on different medication as soon as possible.l don't know if you are dealing with your doctor or a psychiatrist.It can take a lot of trial and error with medication and you need to be patient however medication is not a cure so try to get therapy as well so you can get a handle on your anxiety.You also noticed you mentioned sleeping pills l don't know how long you have been on them or what they are called.Sometimes they can cause side effects during the day if you have been taking them for a long period.

• Posted

Hi Pam. I'm so sorry to hear that you are struggling so much at the moment sadsad It's a disaster.... sad

I am wondering would you be better off talking to your doctor about getting something else at least for the next couple of weeks, like Xanax or some other benzo? It has helped me before, it gives instant relief and takes the edge of anxiety. I know they are addictive but if used short term should be fine. Just to break this cycle you are in.... I hope you are feeling better after the visit in hospital. It's heart breaking how your struggling. Wish I could help... Have you ever tried benzos?

• Posted

Hi swlwia.

.I asked last week for diazapam and she wouldn't give me any 😕 of went for blood tests yesterday to rule out any thing else....she gave me sertraline to start but I'm scared of taking it because I can't feel any worse then I do

• Posted

Medications work differently for everyone but my mom has been taking sertraline for years and she is better than ever!! She spent a few years sick with anxiety, I was too little to understand but now at 23 years old going through it myself I'm very tempted to try sertraline but scared to take anything that have side effects!

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear that sad((

I know benzos aren't long term solution but they give such an immediate relief... It's amazing how this varies from doctor to doctor as my GP gives them like sweets to patients sad It took me 6 mnths to take my first xanax tablet but I found them so helpful at a time!! I'm not sure what to advise you re sertraline as I had allergic reaction to it and didnt work for me. But 3 of my best friends are on it and none of them had side effects... How about something herbal even? Better than nothing? Even to take the edge off it? I know they dont work as well as other ones but I find Kalms helpful. Worth trying something?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.