Help help help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone ok well I have been on fluoxitine for six weeks now at 20mg and I am really feeling fed up as don't feel like I am seeing any improvement also on propanalol 10mg x2 when will things get better 😭😭😭

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I'm on 40mg twice a day so that's 80mg's total of Propanolol in case that means anything.. I never had the lower doses so can't give an opinion but thought I'd mention it.  Also for me the Propanolol helped more with the physical attacks than the actual anxiety but that's just with me but it makes a massive difference, axiety for me was causing actual attacks (racing heart etc) and that in turn made me fear dying i.e I felt like I was either having or about to have a heart attack!

Propanolol killed these symptoms and basically saved my life.

• Posted

Did your anxiety get better after you hit week 7?
  • Posted

That's a bit like me the physical attacks are horrible and it has helped with them I am just hoping to see the improvement with the fluoxitine now any tips for that one 

• Posted

All I can say is 6 months in I'm back to normal.. for me it started around week 6 (Week 5 was a nightmare) and so from 6 -7 - 8 it was a mixed bag but more good than bad and eventually the good days out numbered the bad days and before I knew it everyday was a good day.

I can't say it enough times about getting out of bed and keeping yourself busy,  I didn't have a choice in the matter as I'm responsible for the school runs twice a day regardless of my condition on said day but looking back I don't think I would of got this for had I kept feeling sorry for myself or refusing to get up etc.

best advice is to stay focused and keep yourself busy and don't allow yourself to much time to dwell over it and stay positive and talk on here.. it helped me alot knowing others were going through the same thing as me and getting through it themselves.

• Posted

Edwardsann and I are at the same spot 5 weeks 1 day. Maybe it is true once we hit 42 days in it will start to get better.
    • Posted

Was week 5 a nightmare because of th anxiety.
  • Posted

Hi, my anxiety has been off the graph the past three days. Maybe this is the worst before it.gets better. They say this is the worst week. I thought I was getting better a week ago with the anxiety
    • Posted

Yeah it's like I suddenly had a relapse, tbh week 4 felt good and i was having more good than bad episodes but then week 5 came in and I just had a funny turn and that in turn broke my confidence and like a dominoe effect I brought on stress and that caused an increase in anxiety and I remember even coming on here and doubting the meds but somehow I pulled myself through and literally week 6-7 it all started getting goods again.

• Posted

Please please wait 2 more weeks

You cant tell untill 8 weeks

Thats my advice

• Posted

Did you have horrible anxiety until 6th week kicked in
  • Posted

I did have horrible stomach pain in 6 weeks but felt relief from anxiety at week 7
    • Posted

I do have stomach pain that comes and goes infrequently, thanks for your help.
    • Posted

Well it’s 6 weeks for me too and do have horrible stomach ache

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.