HELP , HELP, HELP

Posted , 3 users are following.

I posted a post previously with this same "abscess, boil". I have seen a Nurse Practitioner which said infected hair follicle, Primary Physician which said vulva abscess and OB-GYN which said boil. They all said that I need to remain calm because it was not herpes. I'm not saying they are incorrect, it's just anxiety still lingers. She prescribed mupirocin (antibiotic ointment 3x a day). Previously I have been prescribed doxycycline which does clear it us but they always return. It really bothers my nerves ! Does anyone else get these ? What do you do ? Thoughts ? Comments ?

Important info: I do not shave, my hair is very coarse down there. No discharge.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I use to get these thing constantly when I was younger and not sexually active. there's really nothing to worry about it seems like these boils are coming bc of our course hair down there、 so think about trimming or shaving.

• Posted

they are annoying. Doc said shaving will make it worse so guess i'll just have to deal with them. thx

• Posted

well im not sure where this is located but stop thinking its herpes. herpes is usually clustered and more pimple like. they show up, hurt itch, scab over and go away. it looks like a sebaceous hyperplasia and nothing to worry about. the closest thing it resembles to an std is genital warts which is a symptom of hpv or mollascum contagiosum but that spreads like poison ivy and isnt as prominent. if youre still nervous, go to another doctor or specifically a std clinic. remember that the skin is weird and sometimes just does things. if this was on any other part of your body would you be as worried as you are right now? probably not. get another opinion and continue treatment

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.