Help? Hidradenitis Suppurativa or Staph or Folliculitis ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

imageInfection in both armpits image

Started 4 months ago not improved with antibiotics which i've been on for a month

Just been put on more Dr said with Folliculitis or HS

Only thing i can think that could have caused it is i used a home laser hair removal machine (only on my armpits) this summer - possibly bacteria from this? you have to shave before you use it so guessing more risk of infection from this.

Pictures of boths armpits

Any ideas on what this is? and how to treat?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

FOR ME PERSONALLY IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE HS. IM NOT SURE ON OTHERS. WHAT I DID TO HELP WAS CLEANED MY DIET, quit shaving, ditch deodorant, stopped all antibiotics for over a year now. TRY EMO OIL THAT HELPED MINE A LOT.

• Posted

thank you i appreciate your advice, il have a look at emo oil. when you day cleaned your diet, do you mean reduce dairy and sugar ive seen a lot of advice on this too that would possibly help

thank you

• Posted

yes and nightshades. look up online. also any processed foods.

• Posted

Hi looks like staff which I currently have docs are trying to figure out weather I have HS or weather I've had a staff infection all this time but something else is weaking my immune system to keep getting a staff infection, any way if u use hibiscrub every time u wash it will kill a staff infection off your skin within a week so my suggestion is to go buy some and try it if it goes it was staff infection I hope this helps x

• Posted

thank you for your reply lucy, il have a look at staff infection see if its common in both under arms, i was prescribed hibiscrub by the dermotologist so hopefully that will clear it up, I hope yours clears up for you.

• Posted

my armpits look exactly the same! do you know now what it was/is? and were you able to get the rid off it? how? hope to hear some positive news...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.