Help? Hidradenitis Suppurativa or Staph or Folliculitis ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Infection in both armpits

Started 4 months ago not improved with antibiotics which i've been on for a month

Just been put on more Dr said with Folliculitis or HS

Only thing i can think that could have caused it is i used a home laser hair removal machine (only on my armpits) this summer - possibly bacteria from this? you have to shave before you use it so guessing more risk of infection from this.

Pictures of boths armpits

Any ideas on what this is? and how to treat?image

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

Really? Photographs? Notwithstanding,

You should be on a combination of clindamycin and rifampin I think for optimal results. Or at least that is one of the best approaches to my knowledge. I am not a doctor. I have heard my dermatologist speak of this disease and he said that combo is the best for this. And he believes there is no need to go off and on it. Stay on it. And take probiotics -- the real ones that are active. Those are kept in the fridge in health food stores.

Good luck. Sorry you are suffering.

😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.