Help I am scared of anesthestics

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a operation earlier this year and got myself so terrified of the anesthitic. Everything went fine. Having another operation to investigate the cause of something in just over a week and even though I want this operation the fear of the anesthitic is starting to kick in again. Anyone got any tips on dealing with this fear

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I dont know i guess just plow through the moment. I have a serious phobia of vaccacines and anything that really goes into my veins or arms it makes me cringe just writing about it. Even extracting blood for blood tests really scares me (if it is from the vein, the finger its fine). You can imagine this being a problem when i had to get my vaccacines for polio and others. I had to get them at 15, about a year ago from now and i was really nervous. But when i got there i just sat down, manned up and just looked in the other direction. And just as that it was done. Just not thinking about it made me fear less. Didnt cure my phobia but honestly didnt want my dignity broken by some vaccacine. It was a school thing so my friends were there too and i didnt want to come out as a coward xD.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.