HELP: I can’t sleep

Posted , 4 users are following.

I can't sleep. everyday i get around 4-5 hours of sleep and always it's not good sleep. at night, my sleep is usually interrupted by dreams, i dream every night (stupid dreams) i don't know why, maybe because i thinks too much? i observed that very often when i am falling into sleep, all of a sudden, my mind wakes(i can't understand what the reason is) and i cannot continue.

What can i do?

I see that this sleep problem is causing me many other health problems, so i really need help.

can anybody help me with this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

thats me about a year a go... ive been a proud insmoniac for the past 25 years... i can stay awake and sleep whenever i want ...... after years of abuse it finally got to me.... last year for the 1st time i finally lost the ability to sleep by myself... would sleep for 3 to 4 hours tops.. and stuff....almost lost my mind if it werent for professional help....

sedatives and sleeping pills .. even heavy dose of benzos failed to give me any good amount of sleep

anti depressants on 4 weeks fixed my problem though. apparently my body lost control and is releasing adrenaline all the time ..so i needed a lot of time to decompress all the stress and abuse that i had

i only started feeling better after 4 weeks of medication

heres my post about a year ago

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/40-days-insomnia-help-anyone-else-25-year-old-virgin--679557?page=0#3350880

• Edited

Maybe like myself some four or so years ago sleep becomes the single issue in your way of thinking. By that I mean - as I say I speak from personal experience only and everyone is different - your sole thought throughout the day is your certain knowledge that come the evening you will not sleep and as such becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy and you will not sleep no matter what chemical aid you are taking. At one point, I was taking each and every evening 10mg nitrazepam, 300mg trazadone, 300my quietipne, 5mg diazepam and convinced myself that I would not sleep and true to form I didn't. Have you ever tried CBT or Mindfulness? They are very good with sleep issues which I can guarantee for. And there is nothing wrong with the odd evening of prescribed medications. Hope this is of some help.

Thinking of you

John

• Posted

Try drinking a glass of hot adult formula milk 1 hour before sleep. It might help. If you could drink 2 glasses a day but space it out or you end up going to the toilet middle of the night.

Google how digital devices have blue light which disrupt sleep. Try install apps like twilight to switch your phone to block blue light and see if it helps. You could also try not to look at digital devices 1 to 2 hours before bed. It does disrupt your sleep. You might want to try getting a pair of block blue light glasses and wear it few hours before sleep. It will help.

Soak your feet in a small basin before bed in slightly hot water. It helps too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.