HELP! I CAN'T STOP EATING. food is always on my mind or in my mouth.

Posted , 12 users are following.

when i see food, i eat it

i can't save it for later or wait for it to cool down or save some for tomorrow.

i eat it all and i eat it now

i can't stop. and when i've finished, i'll look for more. and i'll eat that too. and when someone tells me thats enough now. i stress about what and when i can eat next.

i'm not hungry. i dont get hungry. i just eat. i rarely get full but even when my tummy starts to hurt from too much food i carry on until its all gone.

am i just a big fat hungry greedy beast? or is this some type of eating disorder? i'm female and only 5ft3 and weigh 11.5stone! so i'm pushing obese on the bmi. 

what can i do? HELP PLEASE!

4 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I used to eat nonstop a couple of years ago. I was 5 foot 4 and 180 pounds, which is about 13 stone. What worked for me was going on a diet because I was able to look forward to the next time I ate. I would plan 6-8 small meals and just eat all day. It was wonderful cause I was eating and losing weight. When I had craving to eat, I was chew gum and drink a lot of water. I hope this helps you
    • Posted

thanks so much for youre reply. did you eat really badly? i guess i forgot to mention i'm a fusspot. i can eat almost anything but wont eat veg? i think its disgusting. i remind myself of a child when i try to eat it i'll literally spit it out in discust.

i like fruit and salad though. thats as healthy as i can go rolleyes

do before did you eat really unhealthily? did you cut everything bad out in one go? sometimes i try to cut stuff out and do it gradually, sometimes i try and just eat healthy and only last a few days sad

• Posted

I still eat the same food I did before. What I did was I followed the "if it fits your macros" diet. You find the calories you need to maintain your weight, to lose or to gain and then take your calories and find your protien, carbs and fat needs for the day. Their are a lot of calculators online that do this. The point of the diet is that you can eat pop tarts all day only if it stays under your protien carbs and fat Maximums for the day. That diet really helped me out. It's hard to eat clean all the time so whenever I'm stressed I eat a couple pop tarts and I feel better, all while losing weight. It's a great diet I think
    • Posted

omg really!? i'm literally the same, when i'm stressed i need sugar anything sugary.

and that's why i always give up on my diets. becauase as soon as i cheat, i cant control myself then put it all back on so whats the point? its not like i'm ever gonna cut all these foods out forever. people say its got to be a "lifestyle change/choice" and avoiding my lovely bad foods just isn't ever going to stick haha

you've given me some hope! i'm gonna look into and try this, its sounds kinda perfect 

i love looking at or reading sucess stories of people in similar circumstances who turned it all around. it makes me think come on if they can do it i can. but then i cant. lol but this actually sounds doable. and so THANKS SO MUCH AND WISH ME LUCK! smile

• Posted

No problem!! Good luck!! Glad I could help
  • Posted

We,come to my appetite I also hate it why is food so important to us Eh , yr not greedy fat beast ya just hi,an who's really struggling at min binge eating disorder Google it , xxxx
  • Posted

I know this post is old but I want to reply anyway. I'm exactly the same, I eat when I'm stressed out, I always have but recently it's been getting a lot worse and I'm now overweight. I've tried dieting but when I get stressed out I eat. I'm really addicted to sugary food, I don't really like to tell people that because they say sh*t like "just don't eat it it's easy" put it this way, I don't care what anyone says about this, who wants to be overweight/obese with health issues and feel bad about the way thet look? no one. If it was as easy as just don't eat that food, then everyone would do it it won't be a problem, but some people are ignorent about it and it really frustrates me. When I'm stressed out and I want to binge a lot more goes on in my head than get food, I can't describe it but it's not easy.

• Posted

thank you for your comments

its nice to know that im not alone but i also feel bad that you struggle just the same

yes! the ignorance is what drives me mad! it makes me hide it aswell and then i realise what im doing is bad and eat more from feeling guilty. its never ending sad

• Posted

Do you really want to lose your weight? Or control your eating?

Obesity is really harmful to your health and if you can't stop eating, you'll regret.

Just think about your health condition before you're gonna eat something.

Or you can eat the healthy food.

• Posted

Somebody needs to help me ASAP...

My name is Sandra, I'm 25 years old... I'm "5.1" I weight 150 I used to weight less like 110... I have a daughter she's 5 months... Ok this never happens to me before I eat all day I don't know how many meals I eat I get hungry and hungry and hungry I don't know why I could eat everything and my family says I'm fat everyday they can't stop saying that 3 fat words and my husband too... I get so sad and frustated I think that's why I eat and eat... PLEASE HELP ME SOMBODY...

• Posted

i'm so sorry to hear how nasty you're family have been about this

i wish i had some way to help but i'm going through the same myself as you know sad 

my ex was really really horrible to me about my weight, i have a dream that one day i will lose it all and have a lovely, nice and slim and toned bod and he will regret losing me 

i wish the same for you to to show your family

sorry i can't help, yet sad

• Posted

I have the same problem. enough is never enough. I have left buffets and ate again once I got home. I always want more food and am never full.. but in not hungry either. Even when my stomach looks pregnant and I can only lay down I still nibble on something...I know it isn't normal but I embrace it and jus eat as I please because theirs nothing I can do about it. I love food.

• Posted

I do the same but I'm 5'2-5'3 probably 120lb had two kids and I'm skinny! I eat whatever I can get my hands on unless it's something I dislike, I don't eat it. When I'm bored, I eat. I eat and eat and eat. It's an everyday thing!

Hopefully you can get help.

• Posted

I know this is really old but i just wanted to let u know i spent my life doing what you described. I was over 400 pounds and was dying physically and emotionally. I found an amazing life saving program called overeaters anonymous and have maintained freedom from food obsession and well over a 200 pound weight loss. There's so much hope! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.