Help! I don't know which to believe

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I smoked weed with my friends on April 9th 2016, & I had a 4 hour panic attack that changed the way I look at life now. After it all happen it traumatized me and I was like why did that happen and how and I wanted to know so I googled it. It was anxiety and panic attack. It's currently August 4th 2016 and these past 4 or 5 months have been the wost in my life. I've had anxiety attacks so many times like it took me to thinking that I'm going mentally crazy they gave me pills to calm my nerves but I don't want to be addicted to them. My mind is a mess I literally feel like I'm not me that I'm lost in my own world. I don't know how to actually explain it very much but I don't even cry anymore during my anxiety attacks I just shake and I get really jumpy and I can't speak right. I really am scared that this is schichophrenia because I searched up what it was and realized it's a development through out life my mind is a total mess and all I wanna do is sleep all day so I just don't think anymore to escape from thinking myself to these horrible things. I shake when I think of it being it I need help. I just can't stand feeling like I have anxiety and other things and at thus point I'm just like what is really going on with me I need an answer.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You are not alone back in 2011 i had the worst anxiety i smoke weed and then about 30 min in it i could see nothing it like my whole world turning around it took 6 hour for me to calm down i could tell if my girl was beside me are where im at so i know how it feel you just have to not think about it because it will go away sorry you going through life with anxiety im still going through it myself
    • Posted

Yeah same thing I started thinking I was blind and I felt like running away from it but it was stuck in my head. Hopefully you feel better and things go great <3

• Posted

I'm so sorry ur going through this.

I have never smoked weed and don't think I ever will so can't relate to that but I do have regular bouts of anxiety and panic attacks.

They are debilitating and they are horrible.

Have you been to the doctor and talked it through with them and been truthful with what started it?

It's best to think of ur anxiety attacks and realise first off they aren't going to kill you, yes they're horrendous but you will get through each one. The more you can realise that they're non threatening the easier it will be to get through them. Read through this forum and see if anything of what anyone else has said you can relate to as for me knowing others are going through similar experiences really helps

Take care and talk to people around you xxx

• Posted

Anxiety is what call your fight or flight it can make you think you going crazy but you not going crazy what it does what ever you fear that when it act up but anxiety not going to hurt you but if it get really bad you can go to the doctor
  • Posted

It sounds like you directly relate the anxiety to smoking weed. Do you smoke a lot of weed, or was this the first time? How old are you ? Did any other people smoking have a similar reaction or was it only you? It may have been contaminated with other drugs.

You need to get help and discuss it with a professional. Have you discussed it all with who ever gave you your pills to calm your nerves . Hopefully this was a Dr.

You need to contact your Dr again and be honest with what is happening and how you are feeling to get the correct help. Another source of help is many of the drug charities who can get you the help you need.

It would be great as well if you have a partner, close friend or relative that can support you as you need help, support and someone to confide in you can trust.

You must be very scared and frightened with all these thoughts that you want to escape from. The best way is to tackle them head on to get some answers.

Hopefully others  will reply and give you some more pointers or help and stop you feeling so isolated, anxious and afraid.

It doesn't really sound like schizophrenia, but I like others here am not an expert. Smoking weed can cause problems.

Schizophrenia starts in many different ways. If it worrys you, you need to be honest and open with your Dr and say that schizophrenia concerns you.

Sorry for the questions, but you will find that you will have a lot of questions befor you get the answers . I hope you get help soon.

I'm sure others will reply and give you more help.

• Posted

I only smoked weed 5 times but that one I felt really high and it just rushed like fear rushed through my body and I'm 16 turning 17 in 11 days. And no I was the only one panicking. But yeah it's not that I have that it's that I read an article that a girl had schizophrenia and it made me panic and thought I had it but I know im sane it's just that anxiety is taking over my life and I like writing down my feelings and it helps me feel normal but like all my life I worried overthinking everything so smoking weed probably hightend it up and took my anxiety out.

• Posted

I only smoked weed once since anxiety hit. It was the scariest  exprience of my life. Weed and anxiety do not go together. One's mind is already telling you horrible things...week makes that 100 times worse.

Over years, I have smoked off and on with no ill effects....not until anxiety was there to greet it did it become terrifying!!!

You have some great replies here that will be very helpful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.