Help I don’t know who I am anymore

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have suffered from anxiety for majority of my life. However last week I started to feel like I couldn't breath and became obsessed over a wheeze on my chest. Went too see multiple doctors getting conflicting advice. None which i believed then i was told it was suffering from survivor anxiety. Constantly feeling like i need to gasp for a breath, yawning helps and it feels like an addiction i cant stop. It then makes me feel like Im choking Im off my food, starved myself for days as it makes me wretch and makes me worse and then makes me feel

more breathless. Nothing makes it better and when im out its even Worse. I have trouble coming to terms with it as there was no trigger that i am aware of that started it off. My partner of 14 years left me to for the first time ever as we are side by side always apart from work. People are telling me that this was my trigger? I feel like my anxiety is unmanageable now he's back? non lf this makes sense. Feel like ive lost myself and font know how i am anymore. HELP?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

sounds like you are having some panic mixed in with the anxiety. Causing you to feel like you can’t breathe.

Something that could really help you is learning how to breathe properly when you have anxiety. The breath is the key to calming everything down.

Get on YouTube and search for breathing for anxiety or something similar. Practice it a couple times a day at least. When we don’t breathe properly, we’re not getting fully oxygenated. This increases

anxiety and panic.

also, you might think about getting some counseling for the anxiety and how you’re feeling now. It could be very beneficial! Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.