Help, i feel like i am loosing the plot.

Posted , 2 users are following.

It began a few months ago with a slight cough. Which became vicious and i became breathless a few weeks after having a tooth taken out. The dentiat found a swollen lymph gland. I have had bloods and a chest xray which came back clear. Since then i have been given steroids, antibiotivs and sparys, which seem to have cleared the cough.

I have now taken the focus off havin lung cancer, tb and other terrible illnesses. I am now paranoid i have some throat or neck cancer as the gland is still there not as big but there. Also the back of my meck is now tender and part of my neck is sore. I am getting myself all worked up which is causimg me to not sleep and become anxious. In truth i am making myself ill with worry.

I am due back at the doctors next week.

Can anyone help me with my anxiety.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am similia to you. I have a couole of ailments that have been diagnosed and i know exists and when they flare up i go into panic mode and worry so much they ont heal or its worsening or im stuck living this way. All the negatives. I dint know why. All you can do is breathe and calmly deal with each diagnoses or tests that xomes your way. You can still laugh ispf something is funny and enjoy life little moments. There are things that are just not in our control. It sucks. It is very counter productive to worry, i say this and worry anyway, but it is. It shoots up blood pressure levels olaces so much stress on your body it cant even focus on healing you. The only way to get through this is to surrender your fear and worries. It does helo take away pain or the symptoms but it saves your sanity. Its makes a person very spiritual at some point.. I wish you the all the atregnth and courage you need to get through all the testings.truth is it could just have been a lymph infection and easily corrected. Your bloods are good which is fantastic and xrays are good which is suoerb. Maybe you are already healing nicely. It takes a while for the gland to return to its normal size. It was all inflammaed it needs to relax and shrink uo now. But the infection part is probably resolved as your bloods are good and your xrays are good. So really you do not even have to give it your energy anymore. Theres lymoh gland in the back of your neck. Just let a few weeks oass and this will hopefully all be a faded memory.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply Lisa. I agree whole heartedly, worrying makes it worse but i cant seem to help it. In the back of my mind i think the glands have been infected this is why they are sore. For some reason i am not happy with this diagnosis so i start prodding at the glands convincing myself they are worse and i can feel other lumps. I then start googling and convincing myself i have other symptoms. Silly i know but i cany seem to help myself.
  • Posted

I can so relate to this, I'm going through exactly the same thing, I have a pea sized lump in my neck which twinges and I have to have an ultrasound an d biopsy next week. It has caused me to have awful panic attacks and spells of weeping and I just can't eat or do anything for worrying. It's horrible not knowing . Every minute is consumed with thoughts about it and I'm in a dreadful state. I really know how you feel. Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.