Help. I feel like I'm having mini seizures

Posted , 9 users are following.

help. im going insane.

I went through menopause when I was 19. I'm now 30 and in all kinds of distress. I have internal and external tremors 24/7 some days more visible than others. My eyes even shake.. I get pressure in my head and neck. my blood pressure can drop as low as 74 over 50 . I have recently been gaining a lot of weight after being 38 kilos 12 months ago. I suffered from insomnia and depression with severe anxiety and ptsd after some traumatic events and now all I do is sleep especially when the tremor is bad..I almost feel as though I am having mini seizures at times with confusion, extreme agitation and sensitivity to sounds. After much research I have come to find these possible reasons . parkinsons. MS. essential tremor . focal seizures. Complex partial seizures. And a few other things. My doctor has ordered an MRI so I hope to have a diagnosis soon.

does anyone else suffer like this ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I get the internal tremors off and on, it's such a strange feeling! But so far I haven't had your extremes unless I'm in an active anxiety attack.

Google is your worst enemy! A simple cold and they've got you diagnosed with the plague!! All my symptoms point to lukemia but the oncologist couldn't find anything (I have a chronic high white blood cell count for no apparent reason).

Are you on any HRT? You're so young to have to deal with this crap, my heart goes out to you! I hope it's just anxiety and nothing serious!!! Please update when you have your tests. I wish I had words of wisdom for ya.. hang in there!

• Posted

An MRI is a great idea, rule anything out...but another is PTSD and anxiety can cause very debilitating symptoms. Not to brush off how you feel at all. Something to consider if you are under a lot of stress

• Posted

I thought that maybe I wrote this because I literally have been to about 12 different doctors and have been hospitalized twice for what you describe. And unfortunately not one of them know what it is although it has been called seizure. I started taking magnesium powder and putting it in my water I suggest you try that there’s no side effects I also take muscle relaxers when it’s bad. My spasms are tremors I threw them at my entire body the spasms are in my chest my groin my legs. You can order the magnesium it’s called Calm on Amazon please try it I think things out and makes it worse so just know it’ll pass and it’s going to be OK if you can afford it check your vitamin D and B 12 levels I also take that along with the woman’s 50+ vitaminPlease write me if you want to talk

• Posted

Hello breanna

I'm sorry you're going through this. It could easily be hormones and anxiety related, it's amazing the symptoms you end up with but I'm sure you'll be reassured by the mri. I wondered if you went through full meno at 19 or whether peri? I ask because I have ovarian failure at 17 and they considered that menopause but it wasn't anything like I had when I really hit meno last year at 43. The symptoms were much much worse and I think there must have been a gradual decline over the years and then the crash. It may be worth discussing hrt with your doc once the urgent stuff is out of the way. I hope you get the support you need and feel better soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.