Help I feel like no one takes my pain seriously.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have had stage 3-4 hemorrhoids for a long time. Now I am having excruciating spasms in the rectum as well. My hems bleed so much my hemoglobin has dropped as low as 81 in the past. Since the autumn of 2017 I have been suffering continuously with them. I have had 2 banding procedures both failed. I have literally taken every measure and medication to combat them with no relief. Every bowel movement is excruciating and then the pain stops but about 2 hours post BM the pain starts and lasts for up to 10 hours. I have missed a lot of work, been to emergency too many times to count. My family doctor almost sneers at my pain, its only hemorrhoids! I am now feeling depressed and worse almost like it would be easier to be dead than live my life like this. I am 53. My next course will be a hemorrhoidectomy which I am dreading. I am concerned about complications such as rectal stenosis and nerve damage, and worst of all if the procedure isn't successful. Sorry to be so long winded, I am so desperate as I feel no takes my pain seriously because its "only hemorrhoids". thank you

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

First off, I am so very, very sorry you are having to go through this. I had stage 3 internal hems that were prolapsing and I ended up with a pain syndrome (coccydinia) that was the worst pain I have ever had and it sent me to emerg cause I had no clue that I had internal hems till that hit me. So, yeah, I KNOW the pain and your doctor is an a-hole for not taking your pain seriously.

I had my hemmoroidectomy done by a colorectoral surgeon so he was the best of the best. It is now post op almost 5 months and though things still aren't back to normal (I can't sit much at all really, and have spasms at points and some pain and pinching still) it is WAY better than it was. I really had no choice as my quality of life was very much reduced. I could not go out much, was basically stuck lying down and couldn't stand long as they would prolapse. Did I mention your doctor is an A-hole? Maybe time to get another MD who takes this seriously. Tell them you are in immense pain and near losing your job and get the hemmoroidectomy. It's not fun at all and you'll wonder at times if you did the right thing, but honestly, what are your other options?

There is a new procedure out, I just remembered, but I can't remember the name of it. Just google it. I researched my condition like mad and for me, the ole ferguson method surgery was used. Brutal, but it is 95% successful according to the medical literature. 

• Posted

Oh and make sure to get a surgeon who does this day in day out and that is what he or she specializes in.
  • Posted

I don’t know if you’ve tried this already but I would advise you to get a toilet stool to put your feet up on while going to the loo. It puts you in a more natural position and can help prevent straining/ piles/ fissures. It takes a little while to get used to it and for current problems to heal but helps with healing and is great for preventing further problems. You can buy fairly cheaply on internet. I’ve been using one for the last 7 months and have found it to be a complete cure. I even have a folding portable one that I keep in the back of the car and take on holiday. I can’t recommend them highly enough. It’s been a real life changer. 
  • Posted

for severe stages you must continue doctors treatment and advise, alongside, you can try this herbal remedy. At first this remedy worked on me, brought me complete relief. When I suggested the same to 2-3 colony residents, they also got full relief. One of them was planning to go for operation and he delayed operation for a week to try this one, after that he did not need to go anywhere for piles treatment. This encouraged me to put it on internet for the benefit of people around the world. This is simple but it works , try once for 7 days.

Early Morning, Empty Stomach take two pieces of Indian Gooseberry (Phyllanthus emblica, also known as emblic or AMLA in Hindi and Sanskrit Language) extract its Juice with Green Oranges , take one glass of this mixed juice (250ml -300 ml) . Try not to intake any food for up to one hour after this.

Similarly, take One Glass mixed juice of Indian Gooseberry (two pieces only) with Green Oranges after Dinner. Try not to take any food intake after this.

my complete experience with herbal cure of piles/hemorrhoids is reported at page treatmentofpiles,co,in for the benefit of others.

• Posted

Hi I had four internal and two external removed in October last year. For pain I was given paracetamol and dihydrocodeine and BM I was given lactulose and fybogel. I only took paracetamol as I did not have much pain after the operation. When you have the first BM you do not know what to expect but let it takes its time, the pain was bad but I then had a shower then changed it to hot bath which helped me. I went on short walks and built this up.

For breakfast I ate bran flakes and added either raspberries or blackberries and drank lots of water. I had to wear pads in my underwear for leakage. I did get an appointment with my surgeon eight weeks after the operation for him to check that everything was okay. My surgeon did tell me then that my operation was difficult but was happy with the healing. By the beginning of December everything was okay.

I did read what everyone wrote on this forum and was dreading the operation but it was not as bad as what some people have written.

I would ask your doctor if you can get an appointment with the hospital for the surgeon to look to see if you need an operation.

My operation was in the UK.

Hope this helps you.

• Posted

Thank u all who replied. It’s encouraging to hear good results from the surgery. I think it’s my only option. Had a really bad weekend in agony. Also finding I’m not having complete emptying and that of course causes more issues. It feels very much like a losing game. And YES my GP is an evil b***h and I wish gods worst hemorrhoids on her. In my area you can’t switch GP as we have a shortage. Ridiculous when you are unhappy with your care. 
    • Posted

Where are you ?

If you have the operation just remember everyone is different.

• Posted

I'm just wondering if you scheduled your surgery yet..

• Posted

Amandaxmas, if you are in such pain now just go ahead and have the surgery! As I was reading what you wrote I thought you already had! I'm 7 weeks out now post op and you sound like me! I had one tiny hemmoroid and an internal one and the pain it was causing was unbelievable! 3 drs later and no one was listening or believing the pain I was in! This has been the worst experience of my life and it's still not over! You have to find someone that will listen to you! I feel your pain and hope that you can get the help you need, soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.