help i feel so strange :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

So im sitting at my desk at work and i have come over all wierd.

I feel lightreded, hot and have a strange sensation in my throat.

My pulse is steady @ 76BPM yet i feel like its going faster.

my left arm has a sport on it that really hurts when i press it like a bruise but theres no bruise there and ive had it hor years, but resently it startes to hurt when i dont press it.

is this my heart? i cant concentrate as i feel so strange sad help.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like anxiety to me. The lightheadedness and the sensation in your throat are what I get when I am having a panic attack. If you are really worried, contact your doctor and talk to him about it.
  • Posted

strange thing is i dont feel panicky or anxious, im just sitting here doing my work! does that happen to you?
    • Posted

I hav panic attacks and they r frightening, they can occur anytime and anywhere, just breath in and out the more you panic the worse u go , it is all the adrenaline in ur body, you will be fine xx
    • Posted

Yeah, that's actually how I feel a lot of times when I am anxious but not having an anxiety attack.
  • Posted

It get just the same feel ok not stressed or worried and suddenly I go lightheaded and dizzy and feel strange ,then I panic but try not too ,but I believe it is anxiety have had it so many times over the years that if it was anything else would have had other symptoms by now .so try to get prospective of what is happening and do not worry about it as you will only make is worse and it will stay with you much longer.
  • Posted

Heya,

I can really relate to what you're going through right now! Happens to me a lot. It's scarey when you don't feel anxious or aren't in a stressful situation yet you start to get symptoms like this and you begin to worry. Anxiety can hit you in all kinds of ways, it's horrible when it happens but you have to try to cope! Here's my advice (i used to get this all the time): 

Drink plenty of water and make sure you are eating normal portions of food.

Remember that the spot on your arm is just a spot. (I know it's difficult, i used to think a freckle meant I had cancer!!!) The reason it hurts is because...well...you've been poking it haha! If it really starts to bother you place something cold on it so it starts to numb the area.

The most likely reason you're feeling light headed and hot is because your brain is trying to assess to symptoms, but because of your anxiety its overanalysing and making you panic uncounsioussly. It sounds really ridiculous, i know. But that's what's happening hence the strange feelings your having. I absolutley promise you you're okay. Honestly, I used to get things like this all the time! 

• Posted

HI

the sport is not an actual spot but a tender area. i have them all over my body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.