Help ! I fell on my cast

Posted , 11 users are following.

I recently had ankle surgery after breaking it and dislocations it, I’m 1.5 weeks away from getting out of the cast and into a boot. Today I fell and hit my foot with the cast it hurt a little when it happened and hurts a tiny bit now. Do you think it’s okay or should I be worried ? 

Thank you in advanced 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I fell and passed out with my cast on. It hurt me too for a week but I was fine.😁hope you feel better soon 

• Posted

I fell twice and forgot that I couldn’t walk. I was fine I was worried so had an X-ray but all was fine was just in pain for a week. Doc said it would take a lot of force to do anything major but get it checked out just in case if it will settle your anxiety? H
  • Posted

I think you should be okay, just keep it rested and see how it feels.  When I broke my ankle and had it with NWB  and going to the loo I stood on it for a few seconds and I did no damage.  So see how it goes.  
  • Posted

I fell less than 48 hrs after my surger with just a back slab on. Was X rayed and no damage done but if you are worrying it would give you peace of mind to get it checked
  • Posted

Hey! I have just had the same thing happen to me about 30 mins ago. 

I am non weight bearing for 6 weeks, I have 2 weeks left before hopefully getting my cast off. My crutch slipped this morning and I landed fully on my cast. It is a wee bit sore but I think I got a fright more than anything else.

Am I right in thinking that being 3 weeks and 5 days post op ( metal plate and screws for fractured & dislocated ankle) that it should pretty much be healed by now? 

• Posted

I had a dislocation and Trimalleolar fracture and my surgeon says 6 to 8 weeks for healing of bones and 12 weeks to be sure and hardening of the bone. 3 half weeks sounds to early to me. I looked up how bones heal and it also says at least 6 weeks. Good luck. 
    • Posted

I did it this morning and it feels okay now, which is almost a whole day, so I think we’ll both be okay (: 
  • Posted

I had an ankle fusion so slightly different and my fall was just two days post op. There was some extra pain but no damage. Once you have a full cast on you are very well protected. However, I'm no expert and if you are worried maybe just ring doctor? I can't get used to feeling the screws inside my ankle. I have other bits of metal in my other foot and neck but nothing like this! Best of luck, I really hope you are ok.

• Posted

Hello,

My boyfriend fractured his ankle two weeks ago this Sunday, he’s had two hospital appointments since it happened the last one was Monday just gone where they said the X-ray looks good and she will see us in a week, with the bank holidays we would have to go on a Thursday she said about us going tomorrow but said much wouldn’t change so go next Thursday. My boyfriend fell onto his cast earlier and put all his weight on his foot and is now in a lot of pain a few hours later,  he’s worried when he nexts goes it then will say he needs an operation, do you think he will be ok? Or is it worth us trying to be seen by the doctor tomorrow for an X-ray to check?

• Posted

Hey! I am worried too. I was crutching to my room and suddenly I was on the floor. It is a little sore now, but since I am having surgery I think I am okay.

• Posted

Please Help With Thoughts.

I am 57 years old, I had foot fusion about 7 weeks ago, I am still in a fiberglass cast, my cast is schedule to be removed in one week, IDK what the next process would have been. Problem is I rented a power chair/scooter I went off street curb nose down, hung up on curb, my foot/ankle hurts. My Dr is going to be p****d at me. Any thoughts?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.