Help I have a pain in my left arm am I going to have heart attack

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

I've had a pain in my left arm at the top for few months now and can't stop worrying I'm going to die from a heart attack I'm thinking it right now and with pain going up my neck I'm scared surely this isn't anxiety .

I've had normal ecg few months ago at A&E and normal bloods . But doesn't stop me worrying . 

Can anyone relate to this or am I really going to die ??? X

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

no ur not goin to die its aniexty i get it to it can be frighting but try to relax and breath go to ur gp and ask for therepy best way forward
    • Posted

Hi thanks for your reply 

I'm going for ecg and blood tests next week , then if they come back normal ive asked to be assessed for anxiety and hopefully get some well needed therapy . Can't imagine ever getting away from this , I'm still suffering terrible today , my arm is still aching along with my back I can't seem to shake off the idea of heart attack . I might go for run maybe that might make me feel better xx thanks again for your reply 

• Posted

ur welcome hope all tests are good do u suffer from headaches aswell i get weird ones but my doc says its aniexty it has a million and one symptoms
    • Posted

Yes I get headaches which I thinks a stroke or annyeurism , I really do need to chil out 
    • Posted

ya ur like me anytime i get a headache or dizzy i think the worst i need to chill out to but its easier said than done
  • Posted

Hello,

I've had this a few times recently too! I am suffering from anxiety and IBS and I have had it where I feel like I have a dull ache near my left wrist but it isn't constantly there it sort of throbs and I too had a Google and the first thing I saw was 'heart attack' which frightened me too! I am also getting aches along the left side of my jaw. Maybe it is anxiety then? x

• Posted

breathe in and out into a paper bag untill you feel better. panic attacks get worse because they make you breathe faster and you breathe in too much oxygen. thats what i had to do when i had a panic attack and went to hospital

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.