Help !! I have had digestive tract issues for 6 days ...what should I do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello i have had issues with my digestive tract for the last 6 days. i have a episode of heart burn that put me in the hospital. but I was given medicine and it went away. after i got home.. i vomited 3 times over the course of 4 hours.. i had a microwave meal around 11 30 pm. and after the vomiting i have had consistent loose stools and minimal desire for food. may someone please help?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

first I wouldn't eat frozen dinners. they have too much sodium in them. you should try to eat healthier friend. what did you eat prior to this. maybe you have reflux. or an ulcer. have doctor check for these. in the mean re one stay away from spicy foods and sodas. Eat veggies they will help your stomach and your stools will be less loose. I had a real bad ulcer and was sick with many digestive issues. bouts of nausea all day long. get help if you still feel bad.

• Posted

my my symptoms have started to improve though. my appetite has been slowly returned. also my heartburn is under control with medication. so I think it's a viral infection because I have a friend that was over yesterday and she got sick. after only being around me for a few hours. so it might be viral as well. but I am going to the doctor Thursday.

• Posted

Did your symptoms come on after eating your microwave meal? If so, it may be food poisoning. It is also possible you have a stomach bug. Try drinking small sips of water to keep your fluids up or small sips of milk to settle your stomach. Ease yourself slowly back into solid but bland foods once you start to tolerate liquids. Give it a week and if no better after this, see your doctor again.However, try not to worry, food poisoinng/stomach bugs do take time to settle down.

• Posted

it's it's been just about a week for me. I am able to keep fluids down but I do have a ton of belching and the flatulence have pretty much gone away. is a lot of belching a normal thing when there is a viral or bacterial infection?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.