Help! I have much more than hot flashes in menopause

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi I a reaching out to see if anyone has the same symptoms me. Ovee the last few months I have woke up with very sore joints, dizziness, i have hot flashes through out day and night. My eyes get very dry, I have ringing in my ears, very bad headaches, anxiety, and feel depressed and emotional. Also I get bloated and can only eat small amounts at a time because of feeling so full. I feel like I am dying and my mother never went through this. I have not had a cycle in over a year so I'm assuming this is menopause. I feel awful complaining to my husband I don't think he realizes how bad I feel.

3 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

So why haven't you gone to see a doctor about it or better yet, what are you doing to minimize the affects?

Or are you one of those brave women who prefer to go at it without intervention?

For dizziness buy an anti-motion otc pill.

For aches and joint pain take glucosamine chondroitin with msm and calcium.

For ringing ears take gingko biloba

For hot flashes take Sage in pill form

For feeling down take megadoses of vitamin d3.

For energy take a vegetarian multivitamin.

For anxiety and extreme depression see a doctor.

• Edited

Hi Karen-

You are definitely not alone.  I have all those symptoms minus the hot flashes.  The bloating and only able to eat small amounts before feeling so full is disturbing.  My mother also did not suffer this way.  I still have very regular cycles in which during that time my body goes into a major state of chaos.  If this is peri and already feel like I’m dying at times, I dread what I will experience during menopause that is if I survive my current ordeals!  🙏

• Posted

I have many of these same issues but they are not because of Menopause. You need to see a Dr right away. I believe all of my medical issues have been exacerbated by menopause but menopause isn't causing them.

• Posted

Dear Karen

Sorry you are experiencing allthese symptoms, i pretty much have had most symptoms in my menopause journey, as with the dry eyes do you take any drops? Since taking drops it has greatly improved mine and they dont water as much as they used to

• Edited

You aren't alone! I have many of the same symptoms. My eyes can be so dry sometimes that I feel like it affects my vision. I had my eyes checked and everything was fine. The dizziness comes and goes. I can turn in the bed and it brings on the feeling of sea sickness..I usually end up feeling a bit off those mornings. My anxiety was so bad that my primary care doctor prescribed me with alprozolam. I've had blood work, mammogram, pap and all comes back normal. I think that has helped some of my anxieties, for example now when my breasts feel sore I don't immediately think the worst!

• Edited

This helps me alot knowing I am not alone. I was starting to feel like a hypochondriac. I also get blocked ears and sinus it just seems like this affects every part of the body and drs are puzzled when I give my symptoms. I was starting to think Am I the only one experiencing this. My quality of life this year has been awful. I wish there was a remedy how do people cope. They say menopause is a natural part of life but it feels like a sickness to me that never goes away.
    • Posted

I'm right there with you karen.. it started with anxiety, panic attacks then back pain, and now severe tension headaches and blocked ears, tinnitus. I made many visits to different doctors and did multiple tests only to find out everything's normal. But obviously something is wrong which is why we feel the way we feel. I don't know anyone in my family or friends that went through all the peri craziness that we're going thru. At first when it started I had no idea what it was, I too became hypochondriac. I'm so glad I found this forum, it definitely helped putting my mind at ease that I am not alone in this. I see message of hope here every now and then which definitely helps. Let's keep fighting till we come out of this with flying colors.

• Posted

Karen - I am so sorry that you are going through this! This is how my peri menopause symptoms started back in June. They were very intense the first month and then I missed my first period. If you look at the list of 66 symptoms, you will see that all of the items you are experiencing are on the list. There is another great website that I can't send the link - but if you search "34 symptoms" - they will list all of the ones you have listed in your post. This forum is a great place to start as you will get a lot of ideas for how to manage during this transition. My mom also had a breeze of the menopause; when I started having all of the symptoms she told me it was menopause. You are not alone. Take care, Karen.

• Posted

Thank you for the info and the support. Hope your day is good.
  • Posted

Yes, these are all typical symptoms. They can be very scary and unnerving and definitely interfere with quality of life. 

I had been to my primary care doctor and gynecologist several times trying to get things sorted before we finally figured out what was going on.

Hormones can be our best friends or worst enemies. Hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

What tests did you get to figure it out. I am desperate.I can't deal with this every day. I have booked an accupunture appointment hoping it will give some relief or energy. Glad you got yours sorted out. Hope your feeling better.

• Posted

Acupuncture doesn't work, from what I've experienced and what other women have also said here, don't waste your money and time.

• Posted

I had blood tests done to determine if there was a thyroid issue or magnesium or iron deficiency. There was really no specific hormone test done to determine perimenopause, just a gathering of the symptoms to make the diagnosis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.