Help I’m a emotional wreck... my ovaries were left

Posted , 5 users are following.

What would you do? So before my surgery I was on my meds from my psychiatrist. My effexor(antidepressant) my lamotrigone( bipolar med) and my buspar( anxiety med). 

I was also prescribed by my gynecologist my birth control pills which were prescribed one for birth control and 2 to level my Estrogen out because it was low. Then he prescribed a 1 mg Estradiol to stop my break through bleeding. Everything is straight. Well after my surgery took me of the birth control ok that's fine. But also told me to stop the estradiol well I did Monday when they called and said to stop until he checks my levels again. Well tues and last night I've been waking up with panic and anxiety. I think it's cause that so I took one today. Idk 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Wow, I would still take the medicine, however consult with your PSYCHIATRIST about that change, remember the PSYCHIATRIST prescribed you those, not the GYN. I didn’t take mine for 2 days and with the pain, I was having suicidal thoughts, which I addressed to GYN and the. Psychiatrist. I was told to take my meds as I had before surgery. 

• Posted

I do still take all my meds that my psychiatrist prescribed.  The only thing I’ve stopped taking is my birth control and my estradiol 1mg.  When off the estradiol tho I’ve noticed my anxiety has increased. I’ve been waking up several times through the night drenched in sweat, nightmares and anxiety almost to a panic attack. Oh and crying out of nowhere for absolutely no reason. I was under the impression that with your ovaries left that the hormones r still working. It very discouraging and to be honest I felt better in my first 2 weeks then I have my 3rd week. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.