Help! i'm afraid of cancer after having a nightmare.

Posted , 2 users are following.

*Alright, so I'm a 19 year old male, I suffer OCD and have a major case of depression. So today I had this dream where I had this swollen lump on the right side of my neck and lower jaw, to the point where it became extremely painful and suffocating that my brother took me to the hospital and was crying, worrying about my health, I went straight to the surgical room where the performed a surgery and removed a large tumor from my neck and noted to me that the tumor is cancerous and that I got lucky, they gave me medication and noted that this medication will cure me if I take it accordingly. I woke up with a neck pain in the same exact spot and was relieved it was merely a dream before sleeping again. I woke up later after series of dreams and have been paranoid ever since, I've got this neck pain and the neck feels slightly tender on the right side, and I've done research about cancer nightmares, and this is what it stated "In waking life cancer’s negative cells grow and eat away at the good cells in your body. In dreams, it can be a metaphor for some kind of negativity that is eating away at you. It may be your negative thoughts or behavior or it may be a negative or toxic person or relationship that is eating away at your happiness and your life. Where the cancer appears in your dream may provide more insight. Alternately, it may suggest you are feeling like your life is wasting away and you are full of self-pity and hopelessness. If you dream of someone else having cancer, it may indicate that you are harboring anger, jealousy or other negative emotions towards them. It may be time to forgive and forget as you are projecting your negativity on to them and you are really hurting yourself. If something is said to be cancerous it means that it is negative and spreads very quickly and so cancer in a dream may be symbolizing something negative that is spreading quickly, such as a lie, gossip, bad news, etc. It is also possible that the dream may be prodromal and is a warning of a physical cancer, which needs immediate medical attention. Be sure to share the specific location with your doctor." Note the last part of the paragraph is what especially got me paranoid, my anxiety has been going haywire ever since and I've been feeling as if no tomorrow would be present for me. Note, I also suffer depression, and recently have been going through financial related issues, academic related issues, etc. and I feel like I'm heading no where, that there's no hope ahead of me, that I won't be able to achieve my goals, negativity consuming me. And my brother also fears that I'm not going to get anywhere with the lack of socializing I'm having with people as well as the academic and financial related issues. My mother also noted to me that my sleeping position was really off and that may be the reason why I had the neck pain but I'm so uncertain! I'm really scared and frightened, please help me, I've been trembling over the thought of having cancer.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i’m sorry you were going through this and I’m sure it’s very scary. However, I would highly recommend that you stop reading things online. you don’t know if the source is reputable even about dreams and anything else. I would also recommend that you speak with a medical professional to sort all of this out. Since you do have OCD and depression, it’s important that you speak with a therapist or psychiatrist to help you manage all of this. There’s no need to go on suffering like this and worrying because it won’t do you a bit of good except make you feel ill. I have done this for over 30 years and let me tell you, it’s not worth it! I can’t get back one of those days that I wasted with worry and fear. Your mind can also play tricks on you and make you believe something is seriously wrong when it is not.

Please stay off the Internet and make an appointment with your family doctor to start with. get a good physical examination, bloodwork etc. that will give you peace of mind to start with. Chances are there’s nothing seriously wrong with you. there are so many reasons for neck pain that are not serious. I’ve had neck pain my whole life because of tension stress, poor posture, too much on the computer, there are so many reasons for this!

you need someone now to help you with your depression, OCD, stress, goals, and how to reach them and so on.

Take care of yourself!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.