Help I'm DEAF

Posted , 6 users are following.

Help, its 4:30am. I jes woke up and I can't hear in my Left ear 😟 This has never happened before. I'm going to dr in am to get ears drained, then er if that doesn't work.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sp scary. Hopefully your doctor can help. I got better by getting off ALL aspartame, and putting drops of pure castor oil in my ears every night. I know it sounds weird but it worked and I have not had an episode in two years. Good luck!
  • Posted

Very scary when that happens. Have you been diagnosed with Menieres? Losing hearing is definitely a symptom. Sometimes it will only be for a short term and will return. Your ENT may inject Prednisone into the ear to stop it from getting worse. Ive had MD for 15 yrs and have lost hearing in both ears. I hope yours is only temporary. Good luck.

• Posted

Hey Blazey09. I lost most of the hearing in my left ear for two years before my first acute violent rotary vertigo attack. It was then I was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease in 2017. I'm not sure how you think that the Doctor can drain your ears. Search Meniere's Disease in youtube, there are some good videos that show you how Ear fullness, aural fullness happens. Hang in there my friend....

• Posted

Please tell me what aspartame has to do with Meniers and deafness?

I am in a stage that I feel my hearing slipping away in my right ear and I am terrified. Castor oil? I will try anything.

• Posted

Of course you are and you need a good doctor. When I began to experience very scary symptoms, I spent hours researching and aspartame kept coming up as a possible link. I chewed a lot of gum and used aspartame in my coffee. I cut it ALL out. I used drops of Castor Oil in each ear several times a week for almost two years as it is a natural anti-inflammatory and I have been symptom free for almost two years. I have NO idea why it worked but it worked. Good luck to you!
  • Posted

I will research aspertame. I drink a lot of crystal light. I will eliminate it completely. I have an ENT and a nutritionist.

nothing is working. I have loud ringing in my ear 24 hours a day. 

• Posted

Even if it doesn't help with your poor ears, it will be so much better for your overall health to eliminate it completely. Good old water!  That's the best thing. Wishing you well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.