Help , I'm falling apart?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Okay so I'm going to try to shorten a very long story..any advice is appreciated as I am waiting for a endoscopy and colonoscopy another couple weeks away..

Ive had IBS for going on 8 years, and I've always lived with stomach aches and constipation. After I had my daughter , a little over a year ago, I weighed 165ish. Last august I had my gall bladder removed bc it was completely scar tissue and I ended up in the ER, I weighed 130 and we thought that all my problems would go away but a month or so later they actually all got way worse. I started losing weight without trying even tho i was still eating..I'm down to almost 105. My normal weight is 135. And eventually i did kind of lose my appetite bc I feel so sick when I eat. I never have healthy stools.. And lately I can't go even a little bit on my own. I have to drink milk of magnesia to even get a little out and I still have to strain althought it is mush/liquid. I am so weak I can barely lift my daughter anymore and I'm so fatigued I can't live normally. I'm out of work bc my doctor doesn't want me driving bc I backed into a tree in my drive way I am just out of it. On top of this I have chronic shoulder pain all the sudden which doesnt seem like it coupd be related but I cant even sleep at night anymore because of all of this. I'm miserable.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Gallbladder removal can either cause IBS or aggravate existing IBS.  It can also cause Bile acid Malabsorption which can cause diarrhoea.  A SECHAT scan would confirm it.
  • Posted

Hi sierra45022

You mention shoulder pain and fatigue..ask your doc to order an ESR test and CRP test for inflammation in the body....if you have inflammation it can cause extreme fatigue, digestion issues and pain...the tests are:-

ESR = Erythrocite Sedimention Rate blood test......my best wishes to you...

CRP = C-Reactive Protein blood test..

• Posted

That's crazy I never thought of that. Would that have shown on a cat scan though? I just sent a message to my doctor about my shoulder pain but probably wont hear back from her until next week.

• Posted

Hi sierra45022

No it won't show on a cat scan only through blood tests...Also, get your B12 and folic acid tested also test for amenia ..... deficiency with these can also cause extreme fatigue and pain.......best wishes....

• Posted

Hi sierra45022

Going by what reneecodster has just posted and you do have a lot of scar tissue in your abdomen they could interfere with your intrinsic factor and paletial cells that are in your gut and assist with absorption of B12 through the gut and ileum then into the system.....when you see your doc mention all these things to him/her...Scar tissue after gall bladder removal, blockage of B12 absorption and Folic Acid plus anemia check, ESR and CRP blood tests for Inflammation.......

• Posted

I read this and wonder if you might consider that the adhesions have returned. Since they removed quite a bit of scar tissue before, it is very likely that this monstrous tissue has come back. There are many sites on the web describing the various symptoms for the problem. Adhesions have become a WORLD wide problem. Many countries are doing studies to try to find ways to curb the spread. Adhesions or scar tissue grows and wraps itself around various organs inside the peritoneal(stomach) cavity. Mine got bad enough that I had what is called a "Frozen abdomen". I was bed bound for 2 years. Inside my abdominal cavity it looked like super glue had been poured inside and fused all my organs together. They were putting me on hospice in the U.S. in 2014. My son found help for me in Germany. They have a different standard of care. When they perform surgery they do not use CO2 for a pneumoperitoneum(to blow up a patients stomach; makes it easier and faster for the physician....more patients more procedures....more$$$$$)In Germany they aksi used a product produced by Baxter pharmaceutical called ADEPT fluid. The thought behind their standard of care is to continue movement of fluid inside the peritoneal cavity so that the scar tissue or adhesions do not have an opportunity to begin reformation.So following surgery they instill several liters of this isotonic fluid(same ph as body and is reabsorbed over several days by the body). During the 3 days post surgery the patient is turned from side to side every 30 minutes(24 hours a day....no sleep!!!but it is worth it to be free of the adhesion monster!) The doctor then goes back in on the third day to just take a peek to see if any adhesions have begun to regrow! The second time you go through the instill fluid and turn procedure the second and final time. It is not nearly as painful after surgery as the abdominal stretch receptors are not activated from all that CO2 that needs to be expelled once it is instilled in the patients abdomen.Some people are just more prone to having pain and difficulties with adhesion tissue. Over 90% of abdominal surgical patients WILL get adhesions. The adhesions are not visible on any scans. Not CAT scans, MRI, sonography or even plain old x-rays. They are also a problem in the chest cavity following cardiac surgeries. I feel like the silence needs to be broken and it is truly time for us to begin a dialog of this problem, as there are so many people suffering and told that there is nothing wrong. ADHESION tissue takes on a life of its own. After a while the tissue is able to form its own vascular system and adhesion/scar tissue can grow its own neurons(meaning that it has its own pain receptors. It causes many to suffer from a great deal of nausea as well. There are times that the adhesions will cause gastric slowing of gi contents(gastroparesis), and other issues such as an intestinal obstruction(the adhesions can wrap themselves around the bowel and cut any flow through that portion of the "gut" off. At that time it is VERY painful and you are unable to even pass gas. If anyone reading this material is having pain and is unable to pass any stool or pass gas, it is time to present to the E.R. with a possible bowel obstruction. If you get a chance to review other material, there is quite a bit of information on the numerous population suffering from this nasty invasive tissue: ADHESIONS are truly Americas secret epidemic. Hope this information is helpful and gives you a few places to start doing some due diligence and hopefully get answers as well as additional suport. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.