Help - i'm new :) Roaccutane

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone, i am only 6 days into my first dose and my lips are SO DRY! Can anyone reccomend the best lip balm that they found helped the best? It's like the top layer has just fallen off.... sad

Any advice would be great thanks smile

Steph

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I'm using Vaseline as I've been through 3 lip balms already so the tins of Vaseline are now always with me x
  • Posted

Hi Steph, I also used vaseline, keep a little tin with you and apply it constantly, like keep your lips moist with it all the time, I did this and managed to keep the dryness/pain under control. Slap a load on before bed to help stop them drying out over night too. (vaseline do an SPF version too which is good for summer as your skin including your lips will be more sensitive to the sun)
    • Posted

Defo good advice also don't forget that you carnt wax either whilst on the medication I'd forgotten and made a mess of my face for about a week so now I'm having to thread my eyebrows x
    • Posted

The same thing happened to me!! I had my eyebrows waxed whilst on it, I thought "what harm can it do?" big mistake!!! I had a scabby face for about 2 weeks, and BIG scabs. Was so embarrassing, and the poor lady who did my brows was mortified!
    • Posted

If I could post a pic on here I'm sure it would scare others from doing it...it looks like I've burnt my brow never will I be doing that again!! X
  • Posted

Hi

If they are really bad try Elizabeth Arden 8 hour balm or cream. 

I literally have about 4 lip alms in each jacket bag in work EVERYWHERE!

I just found one today in boots...

Lanolips 101 ointment! It's gorgeous! I have a great face cream too! So no dry face at all! 

Stick it out, worth it! And don't pick your lips!!! smile 

• Posted

I use Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream but when my lips get really bad I use Blistex Relief Cream. It will nip a bit when you first apply it but stick with it, my lips have healed up and they were all cracked and bleeding
  • Posted

My daughter tried so many different lip balms but the one she found the best was carmex lip balm
  • Posted

Buy Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. This will work for your lips. Good luck on Roaccutane. It cleared my skin and afterwards everyone said how wonderful my skin looked. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.