Help!!! I'm scared for my mom!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

For a long time my mom has been having what we call "episodes"!!! They last anywhere from a couple of a day's to a week. Then shes usually fine for a couple of months then all of a sudden sick again!!! When these episodes occur she feels tired, HORRIABLE back pain, very loud belching, gas, diarrhea, dry heaving and headaches!! We feel it's something to do with a food she's eating... But, not sure!!! She's been through all kinds of testing, numerous doctors.. Etc. Shes eliminated gluten, corn, grains with no aval. She's afraid to eat most things and starves herself because she doesn't want to trigger an "episode"! She is bone skinny and I'm really scared and would LOVE to know if anyone else out there feels this way? 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

yes been like it since last septlast year had colonoscopy endoscopy amend ct pelvic scan. Now they reckon it could be diabetic dumping syndrome and at 63 I could do without it and I know exactly how ur mom feels bless her
    • Posted

Thank you for your feedback and support!! I hope your health improves!!!! ☺️
  • Posted

Hi tracy1031

Did the doctor find any problems? The digestive system problems can be caused by several things which may or may not be  related to the stomach itself but the symptoms that manifest itself from stress, worry, depression and other things. IBS is one such things where you have diarrhoea and abdominal cramps. You are good one minute and the next for no reasons you suddenly get abdominal pains and diarrhoea.  A lot of conventional medications are available but have a lot of side effects.  My story is that I had similar problems many years ago. I was told that I had stomach ulcer eventually.  The doctors gave me a lot of pain killers and things like antacids among other prescription drugs.  Non of it worked. I went on holiday and was very sick.  I saw a new doctor and was prescribed Colofac. This helped me quite a lot. After that I  started relaxation sessions and homeopathy remedy.  While I continued to take the prescription drugs. I started to take Argent Nit (Argentum Metallicum) I took this for some time and gradually get myself off prescription drugs I took this  for  about 2 years and have been good for more than 20years and still ok. See a homeopathic doctor to assess and prescribe something and get your mum to try to practice relaxation exercises at home if you cannot join a group session.  Good luck

• Posted

She was diagnosed with pernicious anemia prior to these episodes. Now gives herself b-12 injections. She sees two homeopathic doctors that put her on a mound of supplements. They say she has no stomach acid... She's taking supplements for that but she feels worse when she takes them. The one doctor has seen her for 2 years and said there is something wrong with you but I can no longer help you. He don't know!!!
  • Posted

apple cider vinegar the cloudy unpasteurised stuff helps me. I had cameras ct scans bloods could not find cause. Abc is a natural life saver get a book on it a couple of quid from amazon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.