Help!!! I need a honest opinion because people keep telling me i just have anxiety!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone! So I'm new here and I have never ever been on a forum before but I am desperate for opinions! So about a few weeks ago I started getting scared over some symptoms i started having abdominal tenderness rt above my belly button and then I started to get nausea and I also had a little bit of weight loss because I completely lost my appetite. My poop has also started to float also which it has never done before.(sorry for th tmi!) During this time I started to google especially about the change in bowels which has not gone back to normal. I also have been burping a ton which is weird also. So I convinced my self I I could have cancer of the pancreas or colon cancer. I did go to the er because it is impossible to get a appt with my dr. They did do blood work, urine and also a ultrasound and everything they said looked good. Just that I had gerd which seems weird I don't have heartburn. But I just feel like something is wrong and I have googled a lot about pancreatic cancer because it seems I have a lot of the symptoms. And that's all that pops up! It's one of the silent and deadliest of cancers and most people r not diagnosed until the symptoms r worse. I do need to mention that my dad has mestastic esophageal cancer and there is no cure. sad So I have been under some stress. But isn't it weird that it would hit all of a sudden? I guess my biggest question is has anyone ever had anxiety for two weeks straight and had there poop floated? I know I feel really embarrassed for asking but just wondering if anyone has had any symptoms because my family thinks I'm just anxious. Thanks!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

My anxiety has caused a lot of bowel movements which is a natural stress response, I also burp a lot but have assured it's anxiety after bloodwork and many doctors visits.

Best of luck

• Posted

Hi! Thank you so much for responding! Had your poop ever floated? It was like one day I was fine and then every day my poop has started to float and I just can't eat at all. Which is just not me I love food. Lol. It's just so weird to go through my day not being hungry. 😐

• Posted

Hello, mine kinda always has😁😬so I don't know what to suggest other than it doesn't really indicate any health issues, a doctor would be able to tell you more but I wouldn't worry.

Maybe your eating something you never used to?

Take care

• Posted

Yes.i have experienced that.  Its not a health issue. Its your diet, lack of fiber and protein make a floating poop. AlsoStool that floats high, right on the surface, is usually filled with undigested fat or gas from fermentation. So its basically just your recent diet. Color will vary as well.

it didnt come on all of sudden it heightened to the breaking point. Over thinking and worrying is all fair game until you somehow cross that invisible line into an anxiety disorder.

anxiety cycoes happen. Thats what i call them. They last  days to many weeks deoending on the cause..the trigger. If you have no clue on the triggers you will learn in time, a very good idea is therapy so you can get a handle on all this. Its jard to figure it all out and not get scared.

the belly gets effected fast when anxiety prolongs. Theres a nerve that goes from your brain to your belly called the vagus nerve. The chemicals and hormones you get during anxiety run thru here as well as other nerves. But the vagus nerve  is a large nerve and it irrates giving you belly issues. And eating becomes difficult and appetite leaves. Rememeber your body is on high alert for danger and we are animals and no animal sits to eat if they are in danger. Anyway, This is the reason many tell  tell you belly breathe. Its deeper breathes and way more calming to you then chest breathing.

if the er said you have gERD even if you can not feel it be sure to look up GERD diets and follow one. gERD can be silent but acid eventually can cause issues.  

• Posted

The stress you have with your dad can cause all sorts of digestive upsets,

And also make you feel helpless, and vunerable to disease your self.

Stop looking at cancer, I am thinking more IBS, your symptoms suggest that is what you may have.

I have had it for 18yrs on and off depending the amount of stress i am under.

And yes floaty poop, tummy pains. It can even get so bad that as soon as you eat, you have to run to the loo,

I was so bad before I was diagnosed, that I couldnt leave the house, I lost weight as wasnt eating much, and was convinced i had bowel cancer as I had all the symptoms, they even found blood traces in my poo, so you can imagine the state i got myself into.

I am guessin they checked your gall bladder when they did ultra sound, as that is the only other thing which could cause the poop thing, gall stones maybe, but I think your pain would be more intense, and not subside, it would also affect you after eating a meal, the pain would be there.

I think you should look at the simple before looking at the complicated.

If you have IBS anxiety will make it worse, so you have a double wammy, obviously you are worried about your dad, which cannot be stopped, but if you continue to add extra worry, because of your symptoms and googling the ibs will just get worse.

So hopefully this may help, but please stop googling,

• Posted

Loflo

If you are Belching, that can be caused by heartburn, sometimes that can be caused by not eating properly. You are very young and the thought of you getting Pancreatic Cancer seems a massive streatch you seem far to young.

I am sorry about your Father, I do wonder if your Anxiety is caused by the stress of your Fathers diagnosis as His condition Prognosis sounds terminal.

Does your Doctor know of your Fathers Prognosis and has He related to you by knowing about your family members ? It may be an idea to discuss what is going on and I feel there may be a treatment plan that could help you come to terms with your Fathers condition.

The above can make you feel very Anxious and the associated Anxiety may be worrying you and your mortality. Personally you need to calm yourself and look forward to a long and happy life

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.