Help, I Pus filled pimples on healed scar.

Posted , 3 users are following.

So about a month or so ago I scraped my knee. Resulted on a few significantly shallow scratches. I washed them with antiseptic soap and went about my day. I noticed that the wound was taking a long time to heal I'm talking weeks here. Infact it was widening it, would itch burn and become irritated. It wasn't until I noticed a few pimples growing out it which were full of pus that I went to see a doctor. Got antibiotics and a cream. The healing sped up and now all that's left is slightly dark skin. I noticed that a pimple would grow on the site, quickly fill with pass then either flatten like the pus got reabsorbed or burst and a day later boom another. What is going on??? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think it would be important to ascertain how you scraped your knee.

There is a possibility that a foreign body may have gotten into the wound, healed over and you will have recurrent infections until it is removed.

It might also be a hair follicle that was healed over like what is called a barber’s rash or pseudofolliculitis barbae.

Either way, you should go back to your physician and ask his orher opinion on these possibilities.

Please let us know what happened.

• Posted

Something I forgot to mention in my original suggestions. 

Go to any drugstore and purchase some surgical gloves. 

Next time you notice pus in the area wear your gloves and put some on the tip of your index finger gently smearing it with your thumb.

Use a magnifying glass to examine your finger and thumb to see if you notice a foreign body or hair.

If so, your body may have healed itself but I would still check in with your physician to make sure.

• Posted

Agree with Tony.   It sounds like you may have some sort of foreign body which is causing problems. What did you scrape your knee on? 
  • Posted

Thank you all for responding. I scraped my knee on a dirt road. The soil has a dark clay like make up, fairly ordinary. Tony, It did occur to me that there might be a foreign body. I'll try the glove idea because I'm only meeting a doctor next week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.