Help! I started treatment with Aciclovir and...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well, i did herpes 1 and 2 exams, was positive in igg igm, the urologist pass to me Aciclovir 6/6 hours for 8 days. In one day, appeared some red spots, few itch and not pain, its normal? Or i have other disease together with herpes?

So, what u think guys, i'm scared because i dont know if its normal cause aciclovir treatment or something else

Pictimageimageimage

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Acyclovir can cause rashes but some of yours seems like an infection. It would be best to go back and see him

• Posted

Thank you for replying!

Well, at the beginning of the year, I had two gonorrhea, treated myself and cured myself with azithromycin and doxycycline, but I also took about 8 antibiotics (norfloxacin, ciprofloxacin, ceftriaxone, azithromycin, doxycycline, clindamycin, benzetacil and others) for medical suspicion. Months later, redness appeared on the glans and foreskin, I used 4 corticosteroid ointments for 4 months, improved and then became even stronger. I went to urologist and I did hiv tests 1 and 2, hvc, vdrl, herpes simplex 1 and 2 igg igm and pcr for the detection of chlamydia, all gave negative, except for herpes that was positive, the doctor prescribed me for 15 days before the second consultation , bepantol to use on the glans in order to repair the skin that became very sensitive and atrophied by creams and itraconazole for 4 days. Herpes has been proven in the consultation and he prescribed acyclovir 4 times a day for 8 days, today the micro spots that were, are increasing and my next consultation will be in 12 days. so I'm terrified, how will I know if it could be some other infection? if it is by bacteria or fungi? or should I go to the dermatologist? Or its normal effect from acyclovir?

• Posted

Someone can help me?

• Posted

First thing is don't stress, it will make things worse only.

Are you positive for both HSV-1 and HSV-2?

• Posted

i don't know, the exam was for two, but not specific for one or both, the doctor only said to me use acyclovir, for the picts, what its look like? Its problem only in skin, not have anymore symptoms

• Posted

so you never got the lesions swabbed? you know the igm is useless, having hsv1 makes it unreliable. did you ever retest?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.