Help!!! I think I'm having a panic attack

Posted , 3 users are following.

Help! I'm on my own as woke up feeling tingly all over and sick!!!

Had recent panic attacks but it's been better since I started fluoxetine 5 weeks ago.

I feel like i need to call an ambulance I feel that ill

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

YOU ARE OK JUST BREATHE DEEP BREATHS IN THRU THE NOSE OUT THE MOUTH. DO U LIKE THE BEACH? think of how beautiful the waves are

this will pass u will be ok i promise

• Posted

Good reply. Maybe you could try this yourself as you have a good knowledge of what can help.
    • Posted

thank u i try but sometimes i have to take a ativan to calm down.: / its hard
    • Posted

Thank you xx means so much when People can relate to what I'm feeling. Got up this morning and managed work but quite dazed and not focused all day

Got home and anxiety through the roof again. Taking a diazepam at 9 to settle me but scared to take it.

Only took one 2mg a few weeks ago but I was so panicked I can't remember

Is it safe? No one at home but my 15 year old daughter

Goodness I sound like a drama queen

• Posted

Tammi I'm on fluoxetine 20mg... In my 5th/6th week now. First few weeks I was sleeping like a log, couldn't eat properly and was given diazepam to calm me down as the panic attacks were so bad... I collapsed at clubercise and ended up in hospital! It was vile.

Felt better last week and more focused... Still a little edgey the weekends at home, but coped at work.

Then last night out of no where, 1:15 in the night woke up in a right panic!

Couldn't take diazepam as I had to go to work

X

I really feel for you if you have panic attacks... Are you ok??

• Posted

i haven't had a panic attack in a week and no ativan i hated being on the antidepressants tbh im okay just dealing with derealization which is annoying:\
  • Posted

i dont wanna depend on pills if all they do is mask the problem one day theyll stop working and i dont wanna go thru with drawls since being weaned off serdaline i can shower walk where as before i was scared of falling and felt off balance bad idk guess everyone is different

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.