help i think i might have hsv and herpetic whitlock

Posted , 3 users are following.

I recently had a partner and i performed oral sex on him, I am no longer seeing him and now i have this very small sore on my mouth. very mild pain, but i have also got this bump on my finger and its scabbed over now but very painful and swollen what do you guys think??? will be going to the doctor asap

imageimage

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

thats not how whitlow looks its usually at the top of your finger as for the lip idk because mines started in my mouth as little blisters that didnt really bother me but i knew they were there you need to get tested that will be the only way to know i just found out i have cold sores and i am devastated!

• Posted

how often do you/did you get them? since initial post i have noticed small tears/sores in my lip and im not sure if its from dry skin or what

• Posted

its swollen but no pus or leakage?

• Posted

went to doctor for finger and she said it didn't look herpetic and prescribed some antibiotics. Gonna get a blood test soon for the small sore just to be safe. How long should i wait before getting the blood test???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.