Help I’ve had an ME relapse and anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. Just a brief post because, well, I'm exhausted. i had MECFS 30 years ago im

I've been suffering with crippling mental and physical fatigue for some time now, ive had a terrible year of operations for my kidney stones but got worse and more ill with UTI infections. My legs go in spasms and are so frightening .

I've just been reading up on the symptoms of CFS/ME, I cried when I read it as I felt I finally had an answer for how I feel But surely not another bad relapse . Or could it be depression and ...

All blood tests back clear I just assumed it was this that is making me 'tired', though I never shook the feeling there was something more physical. It's so painful.

My GP offered a fatigue clinic my gyne offered HRT -

i am a mum living in London f anybody has any tips on how I can handle my GP I would really appreciate it. I just want to feel better. Id also like some buddies friends to write to me

0 likes, 47 replies

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi,

So sorry you're feeling so low. Your post caught my eye because I'm the same age as you and have had overall helpful results from the two options you've so far been offered. I wanted to say that for years I did suffer with perimenopause/ menopause symptoms which overlap alot with Cfs and when I finally talked my doctors into giving me the right hrt, it made a massive difference, especially to mood and pain symptoms, so I would be grabbing that with both hands! Do some research first, I would, in case you have any sensitivity or intolerance to certain things. for me, I am ridiculously sensitive to progesterone - its the hormone in the mirena coil too and although apparently lots of people get on great with it I found it is nasty stuff for me , made me suicidal! - but I had to take it while I was using the oestrogel to prevent womb cancer. ( that symptom completely gone now that I have had a hysterectomy and am just on the estrogel, thank goodness! ) I also couldn't get on at all with the oral estrogen. sensitive tummy these days... There's a great forum on the site menopausematters where you can find info and support and that's where I found out about the gel - amazing resource.

The other thing that has helped is the fatigue clinic management course I've been on. A lot of it is what most people would have already done to help themselves through fatigue, but it feels good to have a 'plan' to follow and a person to talk to who knows about fatigue.... although sometimes I'm not entirely convinced they're clear that there are differences between chronic fatigue and chronic fatigue syndrome, lol. But its something, and they did give me a very useful diagnosis I can show officials when needed.

If you haven't already I would give it a go. I really hope things improve for you soon. Hang in there and good luck. The only way is up, right? 😉 xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.