help ideas for those with ibs

Posted , 2 users are following.

I came down with ibs in high school but didn't know it until I went to a different doctor when I was in college. He gave medicine that really helped, since I had my daughter I can't remember what it was called for I had to stop taking it when I was pregnant. I see a lot of you talking about back pain. I was having back pain too. In 1997 I went to see a chiroprator and I had found their is a spot in your spine that if it is knotted it causes stomach pain. I had less attack going in for adjustments. Stress, some family members, and the smell of strong smelly foods were my triggers. Its called food allutions, sorry spelled wrong. Its not that allergic to the food but the smell of it. One smell of my moms onion chip and I was sick for days. Seeing the chiroprator helped a lot. Getting on the meds helped. Avoiding food that triggered the attacks helped. Also what helped was when the family members that triggered it cut us out of there lifes helped. I hope this helped. If I can help just ask. I know ibs hurts.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

One more thing I saw people talking about pooping. Pooping can be hard. I take miralax daily. It was explained to me that your colon gets real loose or real tight that can cause diahrea or hard bowel movements which can cause you to have fishers, blood when pooping or can cause hymroids. I hope this helps.
  • Posted

Do you find your're any better after having your daughter. My IBS has been linked to my cycle and doctors suggested it would ease (like period cramp is suppose to) once i have a child.  Im not about to go an get pregnant though as a potentional cure haha Im just curious as to whether theres any truth in it.
    • Posted

Yes I do. Having my daughter helped but I still had a few attacks but the chiropractor helped the most. I don't recall any attacks during the pregnacy but I was seeing my chiropractor more at his recommendation. It helped a lot. Her first year of live I ended up with veritgo due to inner ear. That took me a good year to control. But I haven't had a veritgo attack in 4 years know. Trust me don't just get pregnant because a doctor said its a cure. My aunt did that with a diasese, her kid has the diases and my aunt died. I would suggest trying a chiropractor first. Some doctors don't like chiroprators but it helped me a lot.
    • Posted

Definatly looking into a chiropractor. Thanks for your advice. And no im NOT going to get pregnant as a cure for IBS haha. Just wondered if there was any truth to it. Its interesting though that your symptoms died down after having your daughter so maybe my doctor was right in saying females get ibs more commonly than males because of their menstral cycle messing up their hormonal balance or something like that...
    • Posted

It could be. He doctor that told me I had ibs died and when I was seeing him we were not ready to have kids. The chiroprator helped a lot. When I would feel a pain in my back in a spot I knew I needed to go in before ibs attack.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.