Help! In need of some answers regarding widespread body pain

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all!

I'm a mother of 2 under 2 and I've recently had some trouble with anxiety that I've been trying to manage. My doctor has prescribed lexapro, and amitriptyline. Long story short, neither worked and I'm no longer taking them. Several months back when the anxiety started getting bad I noticed I was getting bad rib pain that would come and go. However, in the past month or so, the rib pain has increased and since I've been taking the prescription I started getting horrible widespread body pain. The widespread pain has been going on at least a month now, some days worse then others! It comes and goes, but for the most part it lasts all day and is worse in the morning and at night. I've recently had blood work done to check for autoimmune disease and the results came back normal so now I'm going for a full body bone scan. My doc as of today prescribed me fibromyalgia medication and I'm hoping to alleviate some pain! I'm stumped because all the testing I've had seems to come back fine and I'm frustrated because I don't understand what's wrong or where this is coming from! I don't have allergies, I've had a chest x ray which came back fine, total blood count test, fine, upper endoscopy, fine and so on and so forth. This pain is out of control...stiff joints in my hands, fingers, toes, knees, rip pain, muscle aches all over...Am I going crazy or had anyone else experienced similar events with little explanation?? If so, what is there to treat it or is it in my head...any bit of advice would be much appreciated! 😊

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.