Help, in panic mode. Herpes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

10 weeks ago (April 2nd) I had sex with a new person. four days after the sex I developed 3 spots on the base of my penis that were seperated from each other. two of the spots were ulcers and one was a bump. i popped the bump and it turned into a blister-ish thing. i picked at the spots and they got infected and took 3 weeks to heal. none of them ever itched or hurt at all, but did ooze clear liquid the first week. also the girl i was with was super suspicious about all of it and said she got tested but wouldnt show me the results. so i thought i had herpes. i went to two different doctors who did swabs on the open sores, and swabs were negative. i read that swabs arent always accurate so i went back in the same week and got an IGM blood test that was also negative.

i waited 8 weeks and got an IGG blood test that was negative. at 10 weeks i got another that was also negative.

At 12 weeks im feeling sick, but not sure if its related. doctors dont seem to know much about herpes at all, and i cant shake the anxiety. ive read that tests may not be accurate until 12-16 weeks. what is everyones opinion? id appreciate input from people who have hsv or a knowelsge about it.

imageimage image

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If everything is coming back negative then you very well may be negative!

I would go to another doctor to verify fully. It does not look like herpes to me.

• Posted

any idea when igg is completely trustworthy though? i keep reading that if its too early it wont detect

• Posted

No idea! I will be getting mine done tomorrow. I read that it will detect 2 weeks after?

We shall see, if it is a neg and more symptoms occur then I would retest.

• Posted

update: ive had several blood test which were negative, but im still highly suspicious of herpes. anyone have any guidance?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.