Help in relation to in-going pain after a knee arthroscope

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I had an arthroscopic procedure done on my R knee, miniscus flap removed, cyst on bone cleaned up. I’m a PT abs GF instructor, remedial masssfe therapist. I’m battling chronic swelling, pain and a bakers cyst from previous months of inflammation prior to surgery 7

weeks ago.

Im flung some cycling and basic light work, but everything is causing it too flair up. 

I’m constantly icing it through the day.

Saw surgeon two days ago as I was concerned.

He told me to lighten up things.

My question is.

How long does one expect this pain and inflammation to continue for?

It Serbs such a Simone procedure?

I was fine for the first 3 weeks, now nothing is helping.

He said to continue on antiflamatories every second day, if it doesn’t settle, cortisone injection.

Advice would be greatly appreciated 🙏

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear your in souch pain. Try and take it easy. Since they removed some meniscus, your knee will never be the same. I too suffered for a year before I went back and asked for another MRI. It showed another tear in the same spot as the first. Opted for surgery and sure enough there was another tear

My knee still hurts if I do anything and that last surgery was in November. Keep resting and icing. The cortisone shot did nothing for me.

• Posted

Thanks Renee for your time. I’m just broken atm. Dealing also With a cyst at the back of my knee. Walked this morning before teaching. Pain was off the scale during classes. I will need to pull back further somehow. Icing constantly. I still have a horizontal tear, will always, flap removed as well as bone cyst.  Appreciate your time 💜

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.