Help/information please.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had an ankle fusion 9 years ago, for severe osteoarthritis, and now have arthritis in my foot. Over the last 2-3 months my foot, ankle and lower leg has become swollen, painfull. I do get burning feeling, but it's not too bad, about the same as if I had used 'dencorub'.  The feeling goes 1/2 way up my leg. Also the skin is red and feels hot to touch, then it goes away. Some days I can not walk by the end of the day, others it's o.k. I am seeing my dr this week. What I want to know, is could this be the beginning of CRPS or just arthritis flaring up?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I don't really know the answer but I hope it's not. Sounds as if you have enough issues.

With crps it's constant pain unless you get pain under control or go into remission. I have it 8 months and it never leaves me. The pain and my foot is freezer ice cold not the burning one.

• Posted

Im no doctor but it does sound very similar to how my foot started after I broke three metatacile last febuary. They will tell you as there is a set critera and its quite a strict list.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.