Help! Insomnia from Stopping Propranolol

Posted , 2 users are following.

Please please someone reassure me this will get better

I was only on 10-15mg for 3-4 weeks.

Ive been off for 12 days - first few days were okay could still get 3-4 hours of sleep. But now i have a racing heart 24/7 and major anxiety that comes along with it. I have not been able to sleep because of it. Im so scared ill never sleep again. My heart rate was 95 just resting this morning and 140 after getting up!

did anyone else have insomnia / racing heart and how long for you to feel better!

please help my mind is going to dark places! and im tempted to use a pill again

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi Katie!

i was so hoping someone would reach out to you. i was on 60 mg extended release of propranolol for 2 weeks and felt awful! i have been off it for 2 weeks and im still experiencing a racing heart when i wake up, major anxiety. however i do have a few good days, then it creeps back up! how are you feeling now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.