Help!! Is it just me?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Withdrawl symptoms...On day 3 of no tram.(not by choice I should add) and I feel horrible. I guess you could say I quit cold turkey.1st night- extremely sore body aches which I just thought was my back hurting but now I realize from reading through some post it was a ws. 2nd night- RLS and cold like symptoms. Finally took simple sleep last night and I got a little rest. I still feel severe anxiety, depression and no energy. When will all this go away? Will I ever be okay and get my energy back? I keep getting the pain attacks and my brain tells me to go to the ER to get some med's but I'm trying to resist. Aagh!

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Im a recovering Tramadol addict. May 2014 in U.S. I had to go to a detox hospital to get off it. But, I was taking 20-25 pills a day. Id taken them for about 9 yrs (?) Normal at first but as yrs went by more an more. Orthopedic dr started on me on them for tibia stress fracture. I wish Id never taken that first pill!! ????

But they seem to make me feel better emotionally an have more energy, not high like, but just wanting to do more. We lost our daughter in 2000 an I think I was depressed an didnt realize it. Iv had anxiety all my life. Well this pill come to find out increases Seratonin an Norepinephrine in brain. So its like a antidepressant an pain pill. It helped me mentally I thought! But as yrs went by I became more an more a recluse. Getting pills off Internet. Trust me Iv been thru horrible cold turkey withdrawls waiting for my packagd to arrive an was late. Yep, your goin thru withdrawls. Not everyone is same an I dont know how many you were taken an for how long. The longer an higher doses are hard cold turkey. Main symptoms are..restless legs!! Big time!! For at least 4-5 days. That makes you not be able to sleep. Goin pee alot! Alot! Diaherra (not everyone), sweat then cold, sweat then cold (aweful) couple days for that. Runny nose, dont know why, an sorta flu like symptoms. Anxiety big time. Depression big time. But again not everyone has those last two. I unfortunately got anxiety (already had it)& depression part an still fighting it. When someone comes off an opiate or synthetic one, a thing called PAWS can happen. Look it up (it will get your mind off the restless legs!!) Some have to try antidepressants. I was given Klonapin (long acting anti-anxiety med) in detox facility along with Amitriptyline. But when I came out only Klonapin was what I had. I use it since as needed. You could come clean an tell Dr you need help getting off this horrible drug. Anti-anxiety med could help emmensly with the restlessness. Hot baths or showers help alot! With epsom salts. Exercise helps . Stay hydrated since you might pee alot. Any flu med could help with flu symptoms like one with Tylenol in it. Anti-diaherral med Lopradine (sp?) has been shown to help with opiate withdrawls. Look that up to. Only way I could do it was cold turkey. I was to far gone to try an cut back even a half pill. I would have given in to the misery an took one. So flushed pills an went to facility for 5 semi horrible days. $1,800. My husband understood an wanted me better. My kids were 16 an 10 an just told them I had to get off med by a dr to be safe. First 3 days were hell. I stayed in hot shower. They gave me ambien to sleep but I started sleep walking an freakin out. Never again will take that crap! That was first night. After day 3 things started to be a bit better but I was anti-anxiety med 2 x aday. An I went to counseling even after the facility. How to handle my giant load of stress an not take a pill. Went to NA meetings to for awhile. Then by the 6th month bam, depression hit hard. I couldn't do anything really or wanted to. I could have cared less about Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thats not like me at all. I got on Lexapro an had hormones checked. Showed I was in menopause! At 46! So started hormones. They take a good 3-4 monthes to work. Took Lexapro for 3 months an nothing really. Was on 20mg. Gained a ton of wt an sleepy all time. So stopped it an tried Zoloft. No go. Made me very sick an anorexic. Liver enzymes went up to. Flu like symptoms. So stopped it. Now antidepressants have withdrawls to. Brain zaps, headaches, nausea dizzy. Then tried Cymbalta. I also have fibromyalgia. It helped with pain but not mentally an blood pressure went up. Then on to Prozac. Holy Cow! Horrible! I wanted to die! Cryin all time. Anxiety dbled. Anorexia. Liver pain. Upper back pain. Felt aweful. So stopped it. Withdrawls again. That was in March. Not on anything an having hormone issues now. Some will say slowly taper down. Real slow. If you do that ask a pharmacist for a taper schedule. But if you think youll give in just tough it out for 5 days then deal with the mental issues. Vit b12, vit d3 (5,000units), Vit C, magnesium (500) calcium, get thyroid checked to. Just some ideas. Sorry so long. Just mg story.

Goodluck!

• Posted

Thank for sharing your story. I feel like tram gives me energy for the day and emotional helps me get through the day. I have been on Wellbutrin for almost a year. I dont even know if that helping at all. I have RA and my dr gives them to me for pain but only a small amout. I usually have to order more online. If I had my package here I know I would take some. On day five now and am having some severe anxiety as I type. I feel a little better knwing maybe this is not my but just the withdrawl thats making me feel this way. God, this sucks. I take a multivitamin but maybe need to increase so things. I woke up feeling okay but as the day goes on my anxiety creeps up. How long do I have to endure this? At my hight I was probably taking 400 mg a day but that was 5 days ago.
    • Posted

You are past the worst of it. Please don't start taking it again. The WDs are horrendous and if you are taking them for energy and mental welbeing, this is the start of a slippery slope. Tramadol is an awful drug which can turn normal people into drug addicts. I came off them 8 years ago and still have some in my drug cupboard but wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. They can be useful for very severe acute pain if used for just a few days and this is why I keep them. In case someone has a pain emergency.

• Posted

You should not take Tramadol an Wellbutrin together or same time. Both increase Seratonin an could cause a deadly combo called Seratonin Syndrome. Please do not take both. Dont start the Tramadol again. Tell your Dr you are experiencing anxiety on the Wellbutrin you think an see if he or she can prescribe Klonapin or anti-anxiety med. It will really help in these early days. Start with just half pill only when needed. They make some very sleepy. But watch out as with any drug benzo's are addicting also. So take sparingly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.