Help! Is it PR or Ringworm?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Around June 2, I tried on some used clothes at a thrift sore. The next day or so, I noticed

some spots on my body. I can't remember it there was a "herald patch" . After trying otc medicines that didn't help, I went to a Nurse Practioner, who immediately diagnosed ringworm and put me in a 6 week, one pill per week , anti-fungal , oral med.

At first , before that I had bought benadryl and some creams, and the benadryl may or may not have helped , briefly and only briefly. It has a sedative affect, also.

I bought lotramin , anti-fungal cream after seeing the N.P. and that tube ran out very fast because my spots kept spreading. I gave up on the cream and the benadryl, and read about Head n Shoulders so I used an expired bottle a neighbor had on hand. It did help to start the spots to dry out,but was painful itching on and off. Everytime I showered, at first they get irritated and then later it would calm down. Don't shower with hot water.

After the 2nd anti-fungal pill , and with no real progress , instead spreading, I decided to do a 3 day fast and made another appointment with the NP because I was certain that it P. Rosea, and not ringworm. She disagreed, and so I broke the fast , took another anti-fungal and bought some head n shoulders and limited any workouts after sweating too much which isn't good. The new bottle of head n shoulders , which I used last night seemed to help. I leave it on for about 10 minutes.

Still don't know if it's ringworm or P. Rosea. But after 3 weeks, I am still on an anti fungal and doing the H. and Shoulders and limiting my sweat and getting a little sun each day. I have avoided people since March because of Covid and now I still avoid people because ringworm is contagious, but if it's P. Rosea , it's not contagious.

With my zero response to the anti-fungal pill and good response to head n shoulders, I'm so confused because the Nurse Practitioner is confident in her ringworm diagnosis. image

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.