Help ! Is this an std

Posted , 3 users are following.

3 weeks ago I found something on my right hand that looked like ringworm . I didn't want to go to the doctors but talked to a pharmacist and she told me it looked like a fungal infection . I've been using tropical creams and it is now healing and going away . At the same time I started noticing the same symptom on my buttcheeks. About a week ago on my pubic area I've grown this big red lump that is very painful and sore. Sometimes there is a stinging like feeling. I notice little pimples that I guess would pop and I would find a little blood on my underwear. I've been putting on the cream there too but nothing seems to work . I have an appointment at my family doctor on Monday morning. I know I shouldn't of put it off so long seeing him but I was scared

I've only had one sexual partner. And the last time we engaged in sexual activities was about 2 months ago... so my question is . Does this look like an std or herpes ? Or do you think it's just a fungal infection

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

this is that the lump look like on my pubic area and then the bumps on my butt///
    • Posted

I suspect it isn't an STI, especially since it's two months since you had sex, and you also had something on your hand, but please make sure you get to see your doctor on Monday morning.  

If you could update this thread and tell us what he says, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

• Posted

Ok ! So I could not bare the pain anymore ... it was a very stinging like pain so I went to the ER. Turns out what I have on my pubic area is a very infection ingrown hair !!! As for on my butt & hand it is just infected too

They gave me a fucidin cream 2% to take twice daily for 7 days & cephalexin 4 times a day

• Posted

Thanks for the update (most people don't bother), but sorry to hear it was so bad.  Hope it clears up soon, and I suspect it might.  Those are both antibiotics, so make sure you take the full course, even if the symptoms are gone after 2 or 3 days.  Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.