Help is this herpes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I haven't had sex in roughly 6 weeks as I've been apart from my boyfriend. I got my period almost a week ago and since noticed a painful spot. After having a look I noticed there was a small single blister. It doesn't look like herpes to me (i get cold sores on my lips and it looks nothing like that) and have never experiences sores down there before - so if this was a first outbreak I'd think it would be a lot more aggressive.

Could this be some kind of friction wound from wearing a pad too long?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, it is not uncommon to get irritation from the pad. Is there more than one of these bumps/sores ? Did you have a sore on your lip and have oral sex ? Any symptoms accompanying with the sore ?

• Posted

No just one sore but it is extremely painful. It doesnt seem to be getting worse but i had it swabbed by a Dr so waiting on results. I havent had any oral sex or physical sex in over 6 weeks which is why its so strange that its come out of the blue.

• Posted

Yes that is very strange to appear out of no where. You would have had a breakout within a few days of exposure to the virus. Was the doctor able to tell you what they thought it could be while you were examined ? Has it been healing and how does it look currently ?

• Posted

The sore healed and went away within a week but unfortunately it is herpes. I'm so surprised I haven't had an outbreak until now and my boyfriend says he has never had an outbreak

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.